Copy Text

bwdeen

Using Autocad_2k10 and ScriptPro

Trying to write a srcipt to copy/paste a certain amount of text in these coordinates (ie.: 1.8520, 13.1085, 0.0000) in 100+ drawings to a file (ie.: 123.txt or 123.xls)

I'm stuck on the "paste to file", is this possible?

Please advise, I'm using ScriptPro cause of the batch process.

;)

Thanks,

BW Deen

i can get pasteclip to work in a script - not tried scriptpro tho. this does mean you have to copy the text before you run the script tho, which is a minor issue. show us your script and let's discuss it.

^ agreed but its rather cumbersome and i only need a little info from many drawings.....if i could narrow the results down and use it in bulk i would. isnt there a .lisp script that i could select amount of text to extract or using the coordinates? im not familiar with .lisp at all....

oh wow, so you want to copy text OUT of autocad into a file called 123.txt? (excuse my misunderstanding)

let me clarify a few things:

you have loads of drawings, all have a single piece of text at the same coords

the text contents varies for each drawing

you want to copy those values, and paste them to a single text file

correct?

i'm afraid that is beyond me. i will look into it, in the meantime someone who knows will be along soon.........

YES, np, i wasn't sure of how to put everything into words. the text is at the same coords in 100+ drawings, just need to extract or C/P text to "new file" (ie.: 123.txt or 123.xls) outside of autocad, I'd prefer a script for batch processing....

:)

You can save the template for Data Extraction (what to take out) and use it again, and you can add more files to one Data Extraction-round - even if perhaps not all files at once.