Edit Dwgprops via ObjectDBX

Ahankhah

Hi All,

who knows whether it is possible to change drawing properties without opening it using ObjectDBX or not? If so how to save the new properties to the drawing file?

I greatly appreciate any help.

This is certainly possible since the SummaryInfo Object is accessible from the Document Object through an ObjectDBX interface. I've actually just updated my ObjectDBX Wrapper program which may save you some code-writing time for this task.

Examples of how to use the SummaryInfo Object can be found here.

Mehrdad,

Consider using the Save, or SaveAs Method to retain any permissible changes made to the DBX Document Object.

RenderMan, thank you very much for your offer. :)

This is certainly possible since the SummaryInfo Object is accessible from the Document Object through an ObjectDBX interface. I've actually just updated my ObjectDBX Wrapper program which may save you some code-writing time for this task.

Examples of how to use the SummaryInfo Object can be found here.

Lee, it is exactly what I want. Thank you very much for all your efforts to be a real mentor. :D

Lee, it is exactly what I want. Thank you very much for all your efforts to be a real mentor. :D

You're very welcome Mehrdad - let me know if you have any problems with the ObjectDBX Wrapper and I'll work to iron them out. :)

Lee,

I'm surprised. :o It is beyond my prospect.

You're very welcome Mehrdad - let me know if you have any problems with the ObjectDBX Wrapper and I'll work to iron them out. :)

:oops:

Sorry Ahankhah, I'm not sure I understand - what part(s) do you need help with?

I *think* Merhdad is saying that your offer is an unexpected kindness... One that is above, and beyond the initial request, Lee.

Thank you RenderMan for explaining my poor English sentences. ;)

Lee, your codes are surprisingly excellent. :thumbsup:

Thank you RenderMan for explaining my poor English sentences. ;)

You're very welcome, my friend.

Besides, your English is superior to my Farsi. :thumbsup:

زبان انگلیسی شما به فارسی برتر است.

I *think* Merhdad is saying that your offer is an unexpected kindness... One that is above, and beyond the initial request, Lee.

Lee, your codes are surprisingly excellent. :thumbsup:

Oh I see - in that case, that's very kind of you to say Ahankhah! :)

Lee, can you explain us what are differences between your old ObjectDBX Wrapper.lsp from 2011 and new one 2012 (v1.1)... Your previous version supported sub-folders and your new one doesn't, so what are improvements?

M.R.

Lee, can you explain us what are differences between your old ObjectDBX Wrapper.lsp from 2011 and new one 2012 (v1.1)... Your previous version supported sub-folders and your new one doesn't, so what are improvements?

I've removed the prompt for subfolders since I felt it was unnecessary for the majority of tasks and without its inclusion the code is more concise.

I've also changed the behaviour of how the code reports errors during processing: previously an error object would be returned and the user would have to ensure the returned list is iterated to evaluate the error objects. In the new version, the error message is printed to the command-line and the function result is nil for that drawing.

Apart from that, I've rewritten the entire function.