urgent help required for autocad mep

nezarazo

iam working with autocad mep 2012,while iam drawing some ac ducts in 2d and when i start to add some duct fittings the duct change to 3d and any new duct i tried to draw will have the same 3d shape as shown on the attached drawing,iam working on 2d mode with top view and 2d wireframe,so can anyone help me to change the duct to 2d again..

mep.jpg

I have moved your question to the MEP section and deleted your duplicate post. For best results, always try to post your question in the relevant section of the forum. And please just post your question once and then wait for replies.

First thing is this, when you are drawing in "2D" in Plan View, AutoCAD MEP is building everything in 3D. When you're in Plan View, it just displays as 2D.

As for your problem it looks like you got a routing setting off alignment. When you start the DUCTADD command, look and see what the Slope is set to in the Properties Palette. Make sure this is always at 0 for routing duct normally.

stykface,thanks for your reply...you are right i tried it and it is working with some changes also with the elevation as well as start point elevation under the placement item in the properties pallete which i make all zeros.

thank you again...

how many years are you working with mep?