How to move a dim text along the leader line. AUTOCAD 2011?

mattloops

When dimensionning linear dims using leaders, I can't get the dimtxt to slide from one side of the dim line to the other. The dimtxt only switches side if I place the dimtxt on top or below the dim line. Very weird. Can you help on how to work around this.

Please see flickr picture link for a better idea of what I mean.

Thanks

Edited by SLW210

I removed your link. I cannot view flickr from work. You can post images directly to CADTutor. Go Advanced>Manage Attachments

That's a bit harsh! Its not the posters fault that you cannot view flickr from work!!

That's a bit harsh! Its not the posters fault that you cannot view flickr from work!!

If I can't see it, how can I approve it.

I have NO idea what that image is. A first time poster with a link, many on here will not even click the link.

If you got a problem we can deal with it in other ways.

Thank you ReMark. This works for me, for now. But it is not an optimal solution. If you notice when you pull the dimtxt farther away from the dim line (on the other side) the leader changes and is no longer at 90 degree angle. It seems like having a long leader line at 90 degrees on either side of the dim line is not feasable in Autocad.

Thanks again for your prompt answer to my question -

I got it at a ninety degree angle (verified by the image above) and so can you. And don't expect me to post a movie about how to do it cause my last name ain't Spielberg. LOL

Yes it's at 90 degrees and I got that too. What I'm saying is that you can't extend the leader line much longer that what you're showing me on your post. The leader line will switch to an angled attachment line. Anyways, I think you know what I meant. No need for a movie. Thanks again.