Plotting a veiwport with hidden lines works but when I go to re print they are solid

cfrydawg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cfrydawg

• SLW210

• nestly

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what is yout email I just cant post it on the internet for everyone to see. Its company designs for conveyor systems, but ill send it to your email.

Good job with the video, that demonstrates your problem very well. I don't have AutoCAD2007, but I can't replicate your problem with AutoCAD2012 when approximating your Visual Style settings. Your profile says you have AutoCAD2012, so what happens when you open the drawing with that version of AutoCAD.

still does it in autocad 2012. I use other conveyours to make new ones. now i think the file might have a setting that is meesed up with it. I draw a angle iron in a new file and it works fine.

thats what i did on the drawing i posted. It did not work. my file size is way bigger then this sight will let me upload. ill give the full drawing if i get a email to send to.

All hidden lines seem to be displaying just fine on my system and I'm using 2012 this morning.

I could understand if you had two separate drawing files and the hidden lines displayed in one but not the other. To me that would suggest it is a setting that is stored with the drawing. However, to have one drawing but the hidden lines appear in one viewport but not in another well I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Perhaps it is a graphics-related issue?

So you could see the hidden lines in the front and right veiw? Because i could see the hidden lines in the right veiw but not in the front

I can see hidden lines in all of your "hidden lines" viewports.

All works fine here also. I have plotted, reopened still see hidden lines.

Sounds like the Graphics Card or driver to me also.

What are your system and graphics card specifications?

I can see hidden lines in all of your "hidden lines" viewports.

Same here (I'm using AutoCAD2011 at the moment)

I would guess it's a graphics issue or a linetype generation setting on your machine. Try toggling Hardware Acceleration ON/OFF and see if anything changes.

Video -->

I'm looking at a drawing with three pieces of angle and all hidden lines display as expected.

Is it possible you are looking at the wrong side of the angle in that bottom left-hand corner viewport? It has been known to happen.