Updating between excel sheet and autocad dwg.

Jach

Hello everybody

My firstpost in here and I am existed, woooot… ahem.

Here is mylittle problem, I have been trying to find a solution to this In a long time.

I amtrying, to make a data extraction with Link External data with linking to aexcel sheet. Everything worksfine, with the data extraction.

Then I try usingupload to source/download to source update, but end up with this msg. everytime:

1 object(s) found.

1 data link(s) do not allow their data to bewritten out.

0 data link(s) written out successfully.

I havetried when it said, successful all the way, but nothing have happen in theexcel sheet at that time.

What I amtrying to do, is make it automatic or manual update in the attributes in thedrawing. If I change something in my excel sheet and ofc. the other way around to if possible.

Is thiseven possible? If so, anyone there is able to tell me what I am doing wronghere?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jach

• ReMark

• pmxcad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

waaauuu that was fast :)

yes i have tried them.

actually when i use DATALINKUPDATE, its says:

Select an option (update data link/write data link): u (i wanted to to update so pressed u)

Select objects or [Data link/all data linKs]: a ( as seen i pressed A for all )

Select objects or [Data link/all data linKs]: *pressed enter*

Select objects or [Data link/all data linKs]: Specify opposite corner: 1 found

2 object(s) found.

2 object(s) updated successfully.

sounds promising, but the "linie" i have edited in the excel sheet have not changed.

I justthought, that maybe the problem is that the drawingsI am extracting from have dynamic blocks in site of a dynamic block and canthen not reach it?

I am btwusing this company´s ownhomemade standard P&ID system.

That’s meanstags is made of dynamic block of its own, but they are put in site dynamic blocksof the machines to make it faster to draw. Is it possible that this could bethe reason why I won’t update? Anyone have seen something like this before?

And sorryfor the bad English, secondary language and dyslexic can be a alittle hard to understand sometimes:lol:

I doubt that the use of Dynamic Blocks in a drawing would affect the insertion of a spreadsheet.

As a test you could open a new drawing, create the DATALINK, update the information and see what happens.

Then it sounds like you are doing something incorrectly. Can you supply us with a copy of the spreadsheet? Maybe someone here would be willing to test it.

Sorry for the delay.

I tested it both ways. I made a change to the table in my AutoCAD drawing then uploaded the changes to the source file (your spreadsheet). It worked.

Then I opened the spreadsheet itself and changed a value in one of the cells and saved it. I went back into my drawing and used the DATALINKUPDATE command to update the table. It worked.

There is nothing in your spreadsheet, as far as I can determine, that would prevent it from working as expected. I think it must have something to do with your technique or the way you set up the datalink in the first place. Did you make sure to check off the option "Allow writing to source file" when you first created the datalink?

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm nope, still saying:

Select an option (update data link/write data link): u (i wanted to to update so pressed u)

Select objects or [Data link/all data linKs]: a ( as seen i pressed A for all )

Select objects or [Data link/all data linKs]: *pressed enter*

Select objects or [Data link/all data linKs]: Specify opposite corner: 1 found

2 object(s) found.

2 object(s) updated successfully

without anything happening.

I know it can be done because I've done it in the past and I've also done it using your test spreadsheet. Why you cannot get it to work is beyond me at the moment.

When you test this do you first save the spreadsheet and the drawing?

can it have something to do with the way, i normal try update it?

forexsample, i update an attribute i have made the list from. on the drawing the table update (table i placed while i made the link) then i go right click, and press write data links to external source, after that i go to my excel sheet and look if something have updated. and nothing.

if i go with editing from excel sheet, i go on the field i want to change, change the number. save and close and then i open autocad in the drawing it was made from and there should pop up that there is an update waiting, but nothing have happen even tried updating from there to.

and the spreadsheet is made automatik, when i make the Data link. after that i saved the drawing and go and look if it looks good in the spreadsheet. after that i try what i just wrote above.