Updating between excel sheet and autocad dwg.

Jach

now, i have uploaded. the file i take the DATA Extraction from and

the file i want it to link to.

first i start DATAEXTRACTION, pick what blocks i want to extract. after what attributes i want.

the i go make the DATALINK make it as on picture on post #14 even tried with ReMark´s change to it.

Then i check if alle the collums are in right ordre.

after that i press NEXT

and i get OUTPUT OPTIONS

and make a cross in both INSERT DATA EXTRACTION TABLE INTO DRAWING and OUTPUT DATA TO EXTERNAL FILE (.xls .csb .mdb .txt)

then i choice the placement of my sheet aaaaand NEXT

now i am at table style and choice STANDARD

for formatting the table i use MANUALLY SETUP TABLE

under that i select TITLE - HEADER - DATA

and i set a cross in USE PROPERTY NAMES AS ADDITIONAL COLUMN HEADERS.

then i press NEXT and after that FINNISH

after that i place the table in the drawing and it pops up with a DATA LINK HAS CHANGED sign in the bottem.

I press it and this happens:

Command: _DATALINKUPDATE

Select an option [update data link/Write data link] : _U

Select objects or [Data link/all data linKs]: _D

Enter data link name or [?]: Data Extraction - Fluid Bed Drier.dxe

2 object(s) found.

2 object(s) updated successfully.

if i go on the sheet i looks good, but if i change it and saved it and closes it. i should say in AutoCAD there is an update ready?

NOTE: at that point i have had close the drawing i have made it from in case that might can give an issue :unsure:

its here it begins to get fuggy, what i am doing wrong id think also i see there a way to get it to copy my excel with the extra fane too? when i extract? i am totally lost on what to do now lol.

any ideas, what there might be wrong are very welcome:D

Motor List Mastery.xlsx

Fluid Bed Drier.dwg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jach

• ReMark

• pmxcad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see the saga still continues. I must have missed it in a previous post but it appears you used the DATAEXTRACTION command to create this table. That may be at the root of the problem you are having.

AutoCAD error? I wouldn't say that exactly. AutoCAD only does what the user instructs it to do which would make this an OIE (Operator Induced Error).

Solution? Not at the moment. I would have to try and replicate the steps you followed to see what could be salvaged or go about the process in a different manner.

Why don't you fly over here to the U.S. and we'll go over this together at my computer.

hehe i would not mind a vacation.

but autocad could have got an (Operator Induced error) from the programmer, that program help making that part :P but then again, they should have tested it.

and totally agree, it could be myself doing something wrong, first time working with Data Extraction.

But thanks alot if you wanna check it, you are a :star:

I would hold off handing out any gold stars for the moment if I were you. The problem remains unsolved.

As far as the program goes, the programmers at AutoDesk, as good as they are, cannot fully anticipate all the different ways someone will attempt to use various commands to solve a problem. Remember too that data extraction was an AutoCAD feature prior to the introduction of Tables and Data Links. Maybe it was assumed the user would use one method or the other and not try to combine the two. See what I mean?

so what you are saying is, i cant make my attributes from an dynamic block update from an excel sheet there are linked to this drawing in some way?

I do not have enough knowledge to definitively answer that question at the moment. I would not jump to any conclusions if I were you.

I'm kind of surprised that you did not test this method, but on a much smaller scale, before this or did you?

Use attout and attin (express tools)

Select all blocks or make a selection (qselect), command Attout.,it saves it as a txt file. open it with Excel, edit wat you want to edit, Save it as a txt file....done. Go back to Autocad, command, ATTIN, select the txt file..........done

Pmxcad

Although ATTOUT and ATTIN will work it does take more effort to update both the drawing and Excel especially if changes are frequent in nature.

its good cheers, tho i am having trouble getting the attributes in tag i have insite this block, when i use qselect. i only get the attributes just on "the top of the dynamic block"

you see, i have an dynamic block insite the block, where i have my tags numbers and it doesent seem to get those attributes in print to txt file.

what i get when i print out this way is:

HANDLE BLOCKNAME ITEM SERIE

'2C00 *U4 191 50

You can maybe use data extraction to make txt files?

when i print with this, i get:

SERIE Name ITEM INSTRUMENT AERA EQUIPMENT CONSECTIVE DESCRIPTION P2:KW IN:AMP STARTING_DEVICE DISP REMARKS

50 Fluid Bed Drier 191

051 Motor Tag M 03 0 6A 01 Motor 000 000 DOL

i just tried it, and when i open it. there pops up a Text Import wizard.

i can easy, find out to get it flew to excel but after i have saved, and use ATTIN in AutoCAD this comes up:

One or more records of data could not be matched to block inserts within this drawing.

Do you want to select the blocks inserts and assign this data interactively?

options: Yes or NO

if choicen yes:

Command: attin

Reading the input file... Done.

Select the desired blocks to assign the data to and press ENTER when done.

TAG VALUE

--- -----

SERIE 50

NAME Fluid Bed Drier

ITEM 191

INSTRUMENT

AERA

EQUIPMENT

CONSECTIVE

DESCRIPTION

P2:KW

IN:AMP

STARTING_DEVICE

DISP

REMARKS

Press [Enter] to skip or [Esc] to finish.*Cancel*

Command:

0 Block inserts modified.

if choicen no:

well, you just cancel it.

i guess, if it flew Data extraction i have to figure out that wizard unless i am missing something with the qselect and attout combination?