Changing Pipe Sizes Doesn't Work & Disconnects

Kremer

We recently upgraded to MEP 2012, my system is working just fine. However our 2nd system is having issues when we try to change the size of the plumbing. When I click the drop down menu of the line sizes and I change from 1.5" -> 3", the fittings blink as if they're going to change yet they remain the same size. Not only do they remain the same size but they disconnect from all attached fittings. Please tell me their is a fix.

1st off, to ensure the highest level of support from the program itself, make sure you're always working in a template file that has everything loaded. In other words, use QNEW and start there. If you just open a file and start running pipe/duct/etc, you don't have any styles or catalogs loaded which will cause havoc. I mean, it really wrecks shop if you do not start out with a template that has everything pre-loaded. This is just a general tip, not necessarily a response to your question.

That being said, now I'll respond to your issue. I have found that the absolute best way to change a complete piping line, fittings and all, is to right click on a section of pipe and use the "Modify Run" option instead of the Properties Pulldown size selector. This way AMEP knows you want to modify the entire run of pipe, not just a single selected pipe.

Another tip, open Options and under the MEP Layout Rules tab, the "Connection Test Mismatch" action selectors come in mighty handy. I keep both mine on the middle radio dial, but if you're having issues, try toggling these around and see if that yields better results.

Hope this helps some. 8)