Parent Viewport UCS (not UCSFOLLOW or UCSVP)

B1NM4N

Hi guys and gals

This is a modelspace viewport problem.

I have my screen (modelspace) set on 3 viewports - left.

I have obviously tweaked a sysvar that has had the following effect...

If I start a command (e.g. circle) in a viewport that is set to world UCS, and then switch to a VP (before selecting cenre point) that has a UCS of X+90, the orientation of the circle switches to the new viewport.

I have tried this on various drawings, and the problem is reproduced each time.

I have also tested it on 2011 (same computer and same drawing/template) and the circle is drawn as world/plan (which is what I intended)

I have tried UCSFOLLOW which doesn't help, and UCSVP which does help (a bit), but I want to have (and have had in the past) various viewports with differing UCS's and the ability to start a command in one viewport/ucs but finish the command in another without losing the original UCS.

Confused? I am!

Thanks in advance - Binman

Thanks Dadgad, but that's not it (my drawing was set to to 2d setup, but changing it to 3d didn't solve it). My default template is is set as 3d - so who knows how I changed the one I was working on.

I've just opened the same 3d template (where the viewports are set as above) on 2 machines and both machines behave differently.

Thx

Is your UCSFOLLOW set to 0? It seems to be doing what you are trying to do on my machine.

Use the SYSVDLG command to access your system variable values.

UCSFOLLOW is set to 0 and if I use 2011 on my machine it works. If I use 2012 it doesn't (BTW it did work until last week on 2012 also)

It must be something I've done 'cos I don't believe in evil CAD pixies.

Perhaps you should open two windows with the different versions running, and compare the system variable settings which begin with UCS, to see if there are any glaring differences between the two setups?

Use the SYSVDLG command to access your current settings.

Good idea, I used 'Express - Tools - Sysvar editor' in the two versions, and no obvious differences on UCS* or VP* sysvars that I could pick up. Which means it probably has an obscure name...

Are Viewports referred to as anything else? Obviously you can have modelspace and paperspace viewports - maybe different sysvars - I'll check those beginning with MS also...

I've now printed out 11 pages of Sysvars from two machines, and I'll wade thru the 600+ lines of settings with a highlighter & cross check any deviations (whilst learning what they do first).

I've got a fun evening ahead of me!

Having gone through all of the sysvars and discovering it wasn't any of them, I have had to soldier on.

My machine crashed today, whilst I tried to cancel a render,... and now it is back to normal behavior for the UCS.

I'll export my SV's again from the current working settings and cross check again to be sure.

Thanks for your input, but it looks like a glitch no one colud have solved!

Having gone through all of the sysvars and discovering it wasn't any of them, I have had to soldier on.

My machine crashed today, whilst I tried to cancel a render,... and now it is back to normal behavior for the UCS.

I'll export my SV's again from the current working settings and cross check again to be sure.

Thanks for your input, but it looks like a glitch no one colud have solved!

You're very welcome, at least we tried.

The important thing is you're back in the game. Glad to hear it spontaneously healed, rather than spontaneously combusted. Magic boxes and Autocad poltergeist, what more could a person do? :beer: