moving viewports

GUY IN THE HAT

So I have a viewport, viewing exactly what i want it to in model space but it's not where i want it in paper space. When i move the viewport entity in paper space it's changing my view in model space. How do I lock what the viewport is seeing?

I've tried locking, that doesn't seem to do it. I've tried yelling at it :x and that's not working. I'd try beating it with a stick but I don't know if the computer could handle it:twisted:.

Help is appreciated.

cheers

George

ReMark, You're right, there's no reason! but it's still doing it!

Not sure what FDO features are but specifically they are Excel tables.

Post a copy of the drawing and someone here will take a look at it.

Can't say I am familiar with FDO features you speak of. I'd have to do some research.

okay, so I figured it out...I had two viewports grouped, when I clicked the group and moved them with the MOVE command and nothing moved in the viewport worked fine! But when I moved the group by clicking and dragging the grip everything moved. Peculiar, but good enough.

I'm not on my CAD computer at the moment. Too early and I haven't had my mandatory 10 cups of coffee yet. LoL

So, you're saying you had a viewport within another viewport. Yes?

Sorta like a dream within a dream, within a dream. Ha...

No, I had two viewports next to one another displaying different parts of the same table (table in model space) and grouped the viewports together.

used the GROUP command, essentially it makes individual objects into a single entity, can be handy when you're moving stuff around and formatting, all sorts of reasons to use it. It's not the same as inserting as a block, because you don't have to EXPLODE you can just UNGROUP so blocks with in the group remain single objects, rectangles don't break up etc etc...

That's what I kind of thought you did. You're the first person I've ever heard use the GROUP command on viewports. An unusual technique to say the least.

ReMark, You're right, there's no reason! but it's still doing it!

Not sure what FDO features are but specifically they are Excel tables.

FDO= Feature Object Data, created when you use data connect in MAP3D. A way to use data from other formats, databases, GIS stuff.