convert .cad file Help needed

janwei

Hi!

a couple of month ago i drew some sketches on draffix cad freeware. I saved the files in a .cad file. The problem now is that i can't use this file format on other cad softwares and i can't find a converter for these files. Another problem is that draffix has been bought by autodesk and there is no draffix software available anymore in the web.

Does anyone know how to convert .cad to dwg?

Does anyone have a version of draffix cad?

Please help. Regards,

Jan

Welcome to the forum Jan.

I poked around a bit and came across this bit of information:

AutoSketch® 9 continues to be compatible with QuickCAD 8. The product allows you to open *.CAD files and to save to the *.CAD file format.

Note that QuickCAD and Drafix CAD both used the .CAD file format. Maybe you can find someone who has AutoSketch and they can open then do a "save as" on the files you have. If not then AutoSketch is available at Amazon for $149.99.

Does this help at all?

Welcome to the forum Jan.

I poked around a bit and came across this bit of information:

AutoSketch® 9 continues to be compatible with QuickCAD 8. The product allows you to open *.CAD files and to save to the *.CAD file format.

Note that QuickCAD and Drafix CAD both used the .CAD file format. Maybe you can find someone who has AutoSketch and they can open then do a "save as" on the files you have. If not then AutoSketch is available at Amazon for $149.99.

Does this help at all?

I already knew this but i don't want to invest 150$ in this software. Does anyone here have autosketch and can convert it for me?

I just checked eBay. There are some good deals on AutoSketch. Might be worth a look. Just a suggestion. Other than that you might consider posting a new thread:

Anyone here running AutoSketch?

IF this is work related your employer should invest the $150 and upgrade your software to make these files usable...

Can you open the .CAD file in your old program and plot it as a PDF or TIFF and then import that image into AutoCAD? This would be the simplest and a free way of "converting" the file into a recognizable file format AutoCAD will recognize.

What version of AutoCAD are you using?

IF this is work related your employer should invest the $150 and upgrade your software to make these files usable...

Can you open the .CAD file in your old program and plot it as a PDF or TIFF and then import that image into AutoCAD? This would be the simplest and a free way of "converting" the file into a recognizable file format AutoCAD will recognize.

What version of AutoCAD are you using?

I am not using autocad. I did it on draffix. The problem is i don't got this software anymore. I used it as free trial. That's why i can't open the files anymore.

I am not a professional cad worker. It's just about some private drawings that i want to have converted.

I'll check the forum for someone who runs autosketch and ask if he'd convert it for me.