Layer palette gone!!!

sire888

Right now I'm using at the same time AutoCAD 2009 and 2012 (trying the newest version). Thing is that I think that I scrwed up both version from changing so much between them.

My problem is that when I click the Layer Propertie Manager nothing happens, in both versions, the layer window should appear but it doesn't.

Please somebody help me. :(

Have you tried closing both sessions and rebooting? I think that will probably take care of it.

Are you sure that you haven't enabled AUTO HIDE for the Layer Properties Manager?

Look carefully and you may find it has collapsed itself automatically and is lingering docked to the perimeter of your paperspace, waiting for you to mouse over it, which would expand it again?

Edited by Dadgad

I've checked and is not hidden in the corner of the drawing space. when I click the icon of Layer Propertie Manager my command box show Command: '_Layer.

Any ideas?

It is showing the correct command, maybe you should turn off all of the other toolbars which might be concealing it, just to be sure.

In the image below you can see what it might look like if it has AUTO-HIDDEN itself, and in the example shot I have also set the transparency at about 50%.

lpm gone.JPG

But I can see the Layer toolbar, and for the rest it work (when I clik the arrow in the right it shows the existing layers) what I can't see is window that allos me to create new layer and modify their properties.

I tryed both closing sessions and what was on link and nothing. Is like if the propertie window of the layers exist no more.

I understand that it seems like that, and yet I think that is very unlikely.

Enter LAYERDLGMODE at your commandline and make sure that it is set to value '1'.

Try making a new profile....I'm really just guessing with all this, based on common problems others have had. I agree with Dadgad that it's probably there somewhere...just gotta find it. Additionally, is the problem in all drawings or in a specific one? Do you have dual monitors?

Worst case I guess would be repair install or reinstall...

Tryed all you've told me and still nothing. I saw and option that mentioned something about reseting the palettes and the setting on some "windows menu"but I can find it....any idea what this is?

Here's a video showing how to recover a "lost" Properties Palette by resetting it in the CUI ... just substitute the Layers Manager. Hope it helps

Here's a video showing how to recover a "lost" Properties Palette by resetting it in the CUI ... just substitute the Layers Manager. Hope it helps

Typically, nice presentation nestly, hopefully that will do it. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Related issue - My layer properties manager or palette disappeared too, but when I click in the space where I normally dock it the color palette comes up, or the line types, or the line weight based on where I click, like it's still there... but I can't see it, just my wall paper. I restarted autocad as directed here and it's back to normal. It happened as soon as I referenced a 2012 drawing into my 2011 drawing. Just thought it might inform the 'super members' on the root cause.

Thanks