Printing black & white of an AutoCAD file

k_udhay

I have a drawing file of AutoCAD 2012 with different coloured lines. When I take a print using "monochrome" option also, I get my yellow lines as light black which I don't want. I want all the elements to appear as black of same brightness. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• k_udhay

• ReMark

• Tiger

• MSasu

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Create your own CTB-file.

Click on the button next to the drop-down list where you find Monochrome, save a copy of Monochrome and alter that.

The “monocrome” plot style will print all standard AutoCAD colors (index colors) as black. Please check if those yellow line don’t have a true or book color assigned (those aren't considered by CTB).

Regards,

Mircea

Trial.zip

Thanks to you both. But sorry that those ways didn't work either. Kindly look at the attachment. When I print the pdf, all the lines come as black but of different brightness yet! Will be grateful to find a solution. Thanks.

Do you have Plot with Plot Styles ticked in your PLot Window?

Did you change the CTB-file so that all the colors have the same Screening and Lineweight?

@Tiger - Yeah that's done and checked too... You can also try once with the file attached in my previous post. I need a pdf page that has all black lines of same darkness... :(Thanks...

The strange part is that when I open your drawing, and try and change the CTB-file, I can't see any colors to change in there - do you have the same? I'll attach a picture of how it should look (at least how it looks on my computer)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33559[/ATTACH]

Tiger & msasu have advised about the CTB file but your drawing is using the STB option. I have never used STB so can't advise further.

Tiger & msasu have advised about the CTB file but your drawing is using the STB option. I have never used STB so can't advise further.

oohh....didn't notice that :oops:

oohh....didn't notice that :oops:

trial.jpg

What do I do now? I don't know the difference between a 'CTB' and 'STB' option... Any hope left??? :cry::cry::cry:

You can switch to CTB plot by CONVERTPSTYLES - for sure if is not mandatory to use STB.

Regards,

Mircea

Thank you, Mircea. i have converted to CTB now, but the problem is not solved yet... :(

If you created the drawing then you have complete control over whether a CTB or a STB plot style is used unless the company you work for has a standard in place already.

You need to select "Monochrome.ctb" for starters to get everything to plot in black.

Did you assign lineweights in your drawing?

now you are using the CTB option can you post a screen shot of it. Does it look like Tiger's?

This is what I see now:

trial.jpg

Seems that your monocrome.ctb was altered. In the CTB edit window go in "Form View" tab and select all entries in colors list and under Properties --> Color select "Black". Or search on Internet for an unchanged monocrome.ctb file.

Regards,

Mircea