MTEXT is stuck in Italic / Oblique

Jack-T

Hello everyone, this is my first post on here and am hoping that someone can help.

I have been using Autocad 2012 for a while and last week it became intolerably slow resulting in me uninstalling it and reinstalling it again.

This solved the problem and it returned to normal, however, now when i enter multiline text it is always slanted to the right as if it is written in italics.

I cannot figure out how to solve this without setting the oblique angle to -11.6 to get it straight again.

all other systems running cad 2012 are fine, and when i open an existing drawing with text in, it automatically displays it slanting but then appears normally again when it's opened on the other computers.

If anyone could help i'd be really grateful.

Thanks

Jack

It happens with Arial.

I have just tried it with other fonts and it's fine with them. Do you know why it would have happened with only one font?

So you go into STYLE and change oblique angle in there to -11.6? That may be the only place to do that but just checking.

What style name are you using and what font is assigned?

Sounds like your Arial.ttf has been replaced with one that is different from the real one. Copy arial.ttf from another computer and put it on your system. Shut AutoCAD off first before doing that.

The font is created under 'standard' and is changed to Arial and usually size 200.

I cannot understand why it would change text on a drawing created on a different computer as soon as the drawing i opened.

Seems like it is something wrong with the font its self if that is possible?

I replaced the font 'Arial' from another computer and checked on Cad and it has resolved the problem. So it was'nt a problem with cad at all, it had somehow been changed on the computer.

Thank you for your help and the answers.

Jack.

The font is missing and being replaced with an italic Arial on your computer or at a minimum the italic version is being defaulted.

You need to delete your Arial font and replace with one from a computer that does not exhibit this behavior.

I am GUESSING your troubles run deeper than this, but let your IT figure that out. Probably an underlying problem that caused the reinstall of AutoCAD.