Save work on student version to flash drive?

thegrange

Greetings all,

I have a student version of autocad architecture at home and would like to save my work done at home to a flash drive. (My homework must be loaded on to a machine in class in order to be graded). However when I try, I get a message that says something "you do not have permission to do this operation, please see your administrator..."

Any ideas?

Jeff

Greetings all,

I have a student version of autocad architecture at home and would like to save my work done at home to a flash drive. (My homework must be loaded on to a machine in class in order to be graded). However when I try, I get a message that says something "you do not have permission to do this operation, please see your administrator..."

Any ideas?

Jeff

If it is giving you that error at school, it sounds like the admin has the usb locked out so you can't us it to transfer info. You can most likely burn you info to a cd-rw. Some schools do this to minimize what you can take from there computers. These days big flash drives cost nothing and can hold a lot of what they don't want you to have.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I guess I should have been more clear. I'm doing work on a student version of autocad at home, and need to get those file from my computer to the machine at school. When I try to save my files created at home onto a flash drive, I get the error message "You do not have permission to save to this location. Contact your administrator to save to this location."

Anyone have this problem?

Does your home computer require a user ID and password to boot up? If so, log in as the administrator. If that doesn't work then email the files to yourself at school. You do have a school email account don't you?

Are you using Vista? It may be caused by the UAC (User Account Control). Sometimes you can just ignore the message and click Continue. Otherwise you may have to turn off the UAC first.

Can you save it on your hard disk at home?

I know it is a hassle but you could then copy it to your flash drive.

You can write a batch file to do this

Below is a sample

edit the the path to your path

c:\Documents and Settings\donald.christensen\Favorites

edit the destination to your flashdrive

"C:\Documents and Settings\donald.christensen\My Documents\1 Fav Bup"

write it in notepad

save it as "copy to flashdrive.bat"

Make an icon on your desktop to activate this batch file

xcopy /E /I /Y "C:\Documents and Settings\donald.christensen\Favorites" "C:\Documents and Settings\donald.christensen\My Documents\1 Fav Bup"

By the way, The above is a helpful batch file. Some programs have a shortcut to my favorites. Some have a shortcut to my documents

This batch file make a copy of my favorites to my documents so I can still have a shortcut to my favorites even when the software only has a shortcut to my documents