Moving to Paper Space

DB007

No, its still in Model Space. (for the time being) The only thing on the layout is the 1 viewport.

This is because I'm starting with converting old drawings that have everything created including the border in model space.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DB007

• ReMark

• Tiger

• CyberAngel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK....i finally figured it out! and yes I was making it look difficult!

The vital missing piece of info I needed was that the co-ordinate system origin is at the bottom left of the printable area NOT the layout. Before it just looked unusable because it appeared to be offsetting too far from the centre. After about an hour looking through the plotter settings (Thanks to Tiger) I found the margins to be 3.2mm on all four sides. Subtracting this from the page setup size gave me my workable (printable) area which I could easily find the centre of and position my viewport.

As for the border within the viewport, simply using ZOOM-OBJECT and selecting the border made it central to the viewport. Then I adjusted the scale to that of the drawing to get it exact.

All in all it seems like it would have been much easier if AutoCAD snapped to the paper space edges or the printable area border and made the printable area dimensions more obvious, perhaps showing them in the page setup manager along side the paper size insteading of leaving them hidden in the printer settings.

Thanks all for helping me solve my problem!