Multiple Rotate Copy

nocturne00

Here's a good one. a continuous way to rotate and copy an object.

Im quoting this from bonehead411.

I use this often now to substitute for polar array.

Select the object/s you want to rotate. Click on a grip, if ther'es one on your rotation base point choose that one, if not nevermind, you can choose a base point later. Hit enter twice to cycle through the grip options to the rotate option. (At this juncture, if you need a different base point press 'B' > 'Enter' > specify base point, then) Press 'C' > 'Enter' > specify rotation angle. This will keep copying until you exit the command.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been trying to remember how I did this for years. I remember using a copyrotate command many years ago in an older version of autocad and have been going crazy trying to figure out how I did it. This is not that same sequence but works exactly the same.

funny thing is that I googled the solution and the answer came up on cad tutor. I was getting ready to post the question and see if anyone knew how to do it and low and behold, the answer comes up on cad tutor anyway. Someone on this site seems to always have the answer.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Here's a good one. a continuous way to rotate and copy an object.

Im quoting this from bonehead411.

I use this often now to substitute for polar array.

This is superb! Thanks. I need not to download any lisp program.

This is superb! Thanks. I need not to download any lisp program.

There is an express tool MOCORO (MOve COpy ROtate) which is very useful for these sort of operations.

mocoro.jpg