Jump to content
YPSDude

AutoCAD 2011 moving XREF only moves 1/2 or some of the XREF

Recommended Posts

YPSDude

AutoCAD 2012. Simple nothing else.

 

This has happened to me once before and my manager and I figured it out by accident over a year ago/work around. We don't remember why it happened so here's hopping someone else knows this issue.

 

Basically I have a drawing where I XREF a drawing model in as "Attachment or Overlay" and place it anywhere and some of the XREF'd modeled objects stays at 0,0,0 while the rest is where ever I placed it... If I use the move command like I want to. The objects in the XREF still moves like normal but those objects at the 0,0,0 origin stay.

 

-In the original model I'm XREF'ing in... I deleted a part and put a new part in and saved it.... It still stuck at 0,0,0

-I tried removing and purging but to no help.

-XCLIP off don't work.

-Saving with the same 2007 AutoCAD formats don't help.

-Character Length of file path isn't an issue.

-I XREF'd other models in and they are fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YPSDude

Correction... We never figured this out before. I just worked around it by moving everything else around it so I could release drawings. :ouch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiger

This sounds very very strange..

 

If you use XLIST on the objects that doesn't move with the x-ref - can you see what they are? Proxy objects perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YPSDude

The XLIST command shows

Object: AT_CYLINDER

Layer: 10-Piping|10-G1

Color: Bylayer

Linetype: Continuous

 

This object is on the same layer as other objects that did move.

 

I also unlocked all layers, detached the XREF's and Checked all layers are still unlocked, purged...saved and closed and reopened (to wipe temp memory) and inserted the xref and moved it and still no help. :-/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiger

A rough google-search indicates that an AT_CYLINDER is an AutoPlant-thing, so I would guess that this is a case of mis-communication between Autoplant (which is from Bentley) and AutoCAD (from Autodesk). And how to solve that I have no idea.

 

Do you use AutoPlant yourself? Or is this files that you get from an outside source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YPSDude

Yes I use AutoPlant in-conjunction with AutoCAD but I narrowed it down to AutoCAD because I have plain AutoCAD objects (Solids) refusing the move as well. And I'm running this in Normal plain AutoCAD to test this issue out. But your probably right on the rest of it. My manager keeps thinking there is a replication of the xrefs in the models somewhere but I can't figure it out where it would list if there were more than one, Especially since I'm not doing anything different.

 

Let me try XLIST on the AutoCAD solid...

Object: 3DSOLID

Layer: 10-Piping|yuk

Color: Bylayer

Linetype: Bylayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiger

This just gets more and more mystified for me.

 

Could you possibly share one of these drawings with the rest of us? Preferably with the x-ref as an xref so I would suggest doing an e-transmit (command ETRANSMIT) to get all of the files in one go into one zip-file and then post it up here or at Dropbox for instance if it's too large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YPSDude

Due to drawing release dates I did the same work around I did before. I went into the XREF model and just moved it from the origin to where I needed it to be in my complete assembly. It's not the correct way to do it but to get it out it works. Strange thing is. I went back to attempt to repeat the issue we're talking about and I can't get it to do it again... (I'm sooooo confused) :?

 

Sorry... So I guess the next time this issue comes up I'll attempt this thread again. I'll have this thread bookmarked. I'll also repeat the steps I just took to fix it to see if that's what I did or not to actually fix it. I'll even update this thread if I do figure this out. Thanks for all the input. :-)

 

Note to self: Used clean Database for another unrelated issue between now then too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiger

Glad that you have a workaround at least, sometimes that is all one can do unfortunatly.

 

Please come back if it happens again, this issue sounds very myffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DKC

Hi I was wondering if anyone figured this out. I am having the same issue. Coincidently (or perhaps not) I also am running autoplant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...