Invisible Hatching

I have a problem in a model I am working on, if I do a hatch I can go through all the commands but the hatch doesn't show, but the commands are completed as though the hatch should be there.

I've checked if there are any layers turned off or frozen and all is ok there. It only happens on this one model, I imported an Architects detail which was from AutoCAD although it came in as a .dwg. Even the arrow heads on dimensions aren't filled in.

I've tried all I know, which isn't a lot, and have failed to find a solution..................:(

It's a bit frustrating cos theres a few thing that I really need to show a hatch on. I've resorted short term to manually hatching, copy and array.........

Anyone any ideas..................It's on LT 2006.

Thanks

try typing FILL and turning it ON then REGEN

Thanks that's done the trick..........not difficult that.....cheers.

I'd tried different scales previously.

Thanks

• 8 years later...
try typing FILL and turning it ON then REGEN

Sorry to dig and old thread but I just registered to the forum to say thank you for this hint. This saved me from a lot of trouble today.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have had the same problem even Civil 3D 2020.  My solution was simple.  Hatch the area and make something that you can see such as solid, diagonal lines, etc.  Suppose the hatch you want is gravel but when you change to gravel it doesn't show and you know the scale is correct but for some reason this doesn't work no matter the scale.  What I did is select the hatch and change the background from NONE to a defined color and the hatch lines to a defined a contrasting color.  This overrides the color setting for the hatch.  Now, you should be able to see your gravel hatch.  Adjust the scale accordingly to what is desired and change the background back to None.  The hatch no longer disappears.  This is certainly a bug in AutoDesk software.  It happens on every once in awhile but the cause is unknown as I can be working on a drawing for a long time with no issues and then all of a sudden, it starts happening.  Simply, a bug somewhere but this was my solution that has worked.  I hope it works for you as well.