No faces to render message when trying to render 3D model

ajteague

I have created a 3d model of a football stadium, but when I try to render it, it comes up with this message and it cannot render the scene. I've tried everything I can to fix it, but nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ajteague

• ReMark

• mugshot

• JD Mather

Do you have any layer names that begin with the symbol in this drawing?

Are you currently in a 3D environment when proceeding with your rendering and not a 2D environment such as 2Dwireframe?

None of them have the @ symbol in them. And by the environment setting, do you mean view, because it is in the realistic view?

I mean something other than 2Dwireframe.

That's all I got for the moment. Any reason to believe the file might be corrupted? Have you done a -Purge and Audit?

Did you try shutting down your system completely, doing a cold reboot, then trying again?

This is the only drawing you've had this problem in?

Yes I have tried audit but it says no errors. I've had this problem all week, so my system has been shut down and restarted many times already, but rendering works on other drawings. I would attach the file, but it is too big because it is nearly 4mb.

When the problem occurs in only one drawing then it narrows down the list of likely causes.

I get the impression you know what you are doing (i.e. - not a newbie) so that should rule out any beginner mistakes which leaves us with the drawing itself. Your thoughts?

Is there another computer in your office running the same program?

This is my first project in 3D AutoCAD but i've got to grips with it. I just don't understand why it is not rendering because I have not used many complex techniques, just lines, solids, surfaces and meshes. I am running AutoCAD 2012 on my workstation and 2011 on my laptop and the error comes up on both, so it must be the file. I have tried importing it into 3ds Max, and it renders, but some of the materials don't come out properly and I don't really have much experience with 3ds Max.

I'm trying to split it up using WBLOCK, but there are so many different things to take out. On the 'block reference' object, when I tried to render those items it said render on the command line, but nothing happened. Could that mean something?

Right, I have deleted the 3D polylines in the model because it came up with the message when I tried to render those objects. Now when I try to render the model, the message doesn't come up, but nothing happens for some reason.

Are you using AutoCAD or AutoCAD Architecture?

Run a list on a single object in the scene that you expect to render - what type of object to does List say it is?

Can you save the file as a different name and delete all but one simple object and attach the file here?

I am using AutoCAD Architecture, but I set the profile to AutoCAD for use of meshes and surfaces etc. By list do you just mean the type of object? because some are surface (planar), some are block references etc. Do these block references have something to do with the problem?