ViewCube problem... I have turned it off, but it still shows up in viewports.

Guest EnvisionMan

Guest EnvisionMan

I only draw in 2D, so I turned off the ViewCube using the NAVVCUBE command (to off).

However, the viewcube still shows up in some viewports in paperspace. The REALLY strange thing is the 'icon' for the viewcube (the compass with the box in it) is now a pixelated image that is not in the upper corner... it stays in one place, regardless of where I pan. It is as if I inserted an image of the viewcube into the drawing. It is very strange.

Any ideas?

You might want to check in your OPTIONS, I believe the settings shown in the images would suit you, if you don't want to see the VIEWCUBE, and only work in 2D.

Additionally you may wish to turn off the VIEWPORT CONTROLS, although I find them to be very helpful. If you have not used them previously I would suggest that you check their use, or give them a try before turning them off. They can replace quite a few toolbars from your workspace.

2D snap option settings.JPG

2d option settings.JPG

Better still ................ This system variable should fix it, or one of the others close to it on the SYSVDLG list.

Damn, there is no shortage of different ways to adjust the viewcube. They must really want us to like it.

view cube sttings.JPG

view cube transparency.JPG

Why not just set the VIEWCUBE opacity so that it only displays when you mouse over it?

NAVVCUBEOPACITY set to 0?

That's a good idea :)