MEP 2012 - model will not move in certain directions

Ravenstown

I created a basic model in the Plan view and preformed "edit in section" to customize each of its' side. Now I need to adjust its' elevation in the main model but it will not let me move it in that direction.. What gives?

Gonna need more info than that.

1. What type of "Basic Model" are you creating? Just vanilla AutoCAD 3D Solids? Or a MvPart or are you using the AEC Objects?
  2. How are you trying to edit the elevation in the "main model"? Can you give the steps you're performing?
  3. What do you mean by "Main Model"? I'm not understanding why or if you are separating your models or not and if so, how are you doing it?

:)

*EDIT* Also your profile says MEP 2011 but your post says MEP 2012, can you update your profile for better clarity in the future? There are distinct differences in the two versions.

I apologize for the lack of proper terminology (new to the 3d world).

I created a manhole using boxes then subtracting portions out for the conduit entries and interior of the manhole, so just 3d solids. Once everything was in place I tried to orbit into an elevation view and lower the manhole to the appropriate elevation, no luck, it was only allowing me to move it laterally.

I wasn't having any luck with the "Edit in Elevation" (lack of experience and time to play around with it) so I was trying to "edit in section"... I figured that this wasn't the correct way to do it anyway. So I looked into the properties only to find that elevation is not even listed.

What I meant by Main Model was just the entire model space. I will update my profile.. just downloaded MEP 2012 & MEP 2013 yesterday but only have MEP 2012 installed. My file was originally created in MEP 2011.

ucs view this will allow the movement you want. Just make sure that when you are done you reset the ucs back to world.