Get Line Weight in Layout? Printing OK

I am aware some users like their lines very sharp and neat in the layout and make the line weight appear in the printing process.

However, I am wondering if I can see the the lines weight applied while drawing in AutoCAD.

Is just I believe it will give a better "print preview" as I am working. It will be very annoying to keep going back to print layout to "hummm... How does the line look?" :?

PS: Yes, I know how to change the line weight. ;)

You can choose to show or hide lineweight by clicking the icon shown inside the red circle, at the bottom of your display.

You hopefully have already turned on PLOT PREVIEW in your QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR, at the top of your screen in the left corner.

The PLOT PREVIEW is a very convenient way to very quickly answer the question of will it look good?

show lineweight.JPG

plot preview.JPG

. . . in addition . . . you acn see people not using this "show/hide linetypes" because on their layers. . . the pen assignment is already designated. . . means, by simply looking at the color lines they're already knew that those are thin/thick lines. . . as well as they set-up also on their plots styles, so when they plot the result is already nice.

Personally I keep the LWT disabled because I feel it really does not give me an accurate picture of what the final output is going to look like. It is enough for me to know that certain lines will plot thinner/lighter than others based upon the lineweight assigned in the Layer Properties Manager. I also find it too distracting.

You hopefully have already turned on PLOT PREVIEW in your QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR, at the top of your screen in the left corner.The PLOT PREVIEW is a very convenient way to very quickly answer the question of will it look good?

This is a great screenshot! Thank you. Thread solved and can be closed.

PS: Dadgad, how do you get a attachment frame box when attaching a picture? :ouch:

In the lower left corner of your screen ...

START > ALLPROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SNIPPING TOOL

There are a few different options within the snipping tool, check them out.