MODEL SPACE SCALE - Reacting to the old ways

GoldenFoxSilverHare

Hi I have been an AutoCAD user for years but I am recently running into the issue of working with certain users that are still scaling their drawings in model space and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to scale it back to 1:1 so that I can draw in it!

Most of the drawings I come across are drawn to 1/8" scale, and I only know this because they are drawn with scales in model space to reference. The drawings are set up at 1/8" and when I dimension, it dimensions correctly but when I draw it is 1:1 and so my lines are massive in comparison.

I have read all the forums and tried numerous attacks with the 'scale' command to no avail. I am extremely frustrated as this brings my work to a stand still. Please help!

I know i posted in beginners and I expect the answer to be extremely easy (even though I've yet to figure it out) but please be nice.

The answer is, Yes, I know these factors but I am not computing how to apply them correctly. What Command? What options? Unfortunately it will hit me like a ton of bricks when someone tells me exactly how, but that's what I am asking for here... :(

please someone give me a step by step.

Try using the Scale command. If someone scaled the drawings up by a factor of 96 then you would have to scale them down by the reciprocal of 96 (1/96).

One trick I have picked up is to measure a correctly dimensioned object/line/length/etc...then select all and scale to "correct dimension/measured"...

so, if someone drew a table and the top was supposed to be 10-feet by 4-feet and the drawing was done at 5x2...simply select all and scale at "10/5"...that will make the object scaled to the desired measurement.

Hope this was clear!

Use the [R]eference option of the SCALE command if you know the real size of any of the objects in the drawing.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Having not seen a confirmation that it worked out for you, and that you are back in the game, I am curious if your problem has been resolved?

Standing by to help, if still needed.

I win! Thank you all for responding so quickly and special thanks to bill_borrec for the tip on the reference portion of the scale command. I utilized a standard doorway to bring the drawing up to scale; after a few tries I figured out the right combination of clicks and inputting 3'-0" to find the solution.

1. Select all

2. Scale command

3. Select a base point

4. Reference

5. Select two points

6. Enter what the correct measurement should be between those two points