3D Round Objects showing multiple flat faces

FernandoLucchesi

Try scaling the model. Currently, the table is 0.7800 millimeters tall. I scaled everything 40X to get the render below.

Scaled.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FernandoLucchesi

• ReMark

• tzframpton

• SEANT

Millimiters?? I was supposed to be 78 centimeters tall... I work with metric scale =(

So, how do i do that without losing the dimensions? I mean, the table's actually height is "0.78", I didn't want it to become something like "31.2", or that is exactly what i should do?

Everything needs to be scaled by 100.

Command: SCALE

Select objects: all

1771 found

2 were not in current space.

Select objects:

Specify base point: 0,0,0

Specify scale factor or [Copy/Reference]: 100

The Units are set to millimeters in the Warehouse.dwg.

The actual units employed in an AutoCAD drawing is irrelevant, as long as the Extents of the drawing fall within a sensible range (1

I think the very small scale of the drawing was causing these secondary affects. So, even if AutoCAD would correct the problems internally - with modification to System Variable(VIEWRES, FACETRES, etc) - the external systems are still trying to facet-ize a cylinder that is only .05 millimeters in diameter.

Thanks SEANT! That got the job done, I scaled everything up to 100x and it's rendering PERFECTLY! I would also like to thank everyone of you guys (ReMark, StykFacE, JD Mather and Cad64) who had spent your time here trying to help me, and even if it didn't helped me directly on this project, you can all be sure that you all taught me alot of things that I'll probably use sooner or later, so, thank you all very much! It took me some time to reply because i wanted to render it, so i could share with you guys what you've helped me to accomplish, here are the results:

render0040.jpg

render0041.jpg

Awesome!! Glad Seant worked it out for you Fernando. Seant has helped me tremendously through the years and glad to see he's still at it. :)

Now that you guys helped me to figure this one out, i can try some things a little bit more complex... =)

render0042.jpg

Awesome!! Glad Seant worked it out for you Fernando. Seant has helped me tremendously through the years and glad to see he's still at it. :)

I appreciate the sentiment. I’ll be here as long as I can.

What’s truly amazing, though, is the focus provided by the CadTutor forum, and it’s ability to gather rays from all avaialble lightsources.

Try scaling the model. Currently, the table is 0.7800 millimeters tall. I scaled everything 40X to get the render below.

Good call Seant, this is like art for opthamologists!

Would you care for a LITTLE drink? :beer:

Hi!

I read this thread and Your posts help me to figure out how to solve part of my problem.

Thank You for that :)

But I have some questions about Your post, so please if you can read my thread: stl file and explain me some settings in autocad.

Thank You!

The Units are set to millimeters in the Warehouse.dwg.

The actual units employed in an AutoCAD drawing is irrelevant, as long as the Extents of the drawing fall within a sensible range (1

I think the very small scale of the drawing was causing these secondary affects. So, even if AutoCAD would correct the problems internally - with modification to System Variable(VIEWRES, FACETRES, etc) - the external systems are still trying to facet-ize a cylinder that is only .05 millimeters in diameter.