Can't Create Hatch

I am working on a drawing (not originally created by me) and cannot create any hatches at all. If I make a closed shape, select Hatch, and select an interior point, nothing at all happens. No hatch is created, no error messages are generated. The command simply appears to finish as normal but doesn't actually create anything. Any suggestions?

Did you checked the state of current layer? I mean to don't be turned OFF.

If you are using the SOLID pattern, then check that FILLMODE system variable is set to 1.

Current layer is on and unlocked. I can't make hatches with ANY pattern; doesn't matter if it is solid or otherwise.

WildWilly.PNG

Taken from your drawing after changing the value of FILLMODE.

Why do people insist on overriding layer colors? Ex. - like the color of layer "0"?

I am working on a drawing (not originally created by me) and cannot create any hatches at all. If I make a closed shape, select Hatch, and select an interior point, nothing at all happens. No hatch is created, no error messages are generated. The command simply appears to finish as normal but doesn't actually create anything. Any suggestions?

EDIT: On second thought, do as the machine says...;)

What command chain appears in the command line area? Are you using the right click hatch menu? Previewing the hatch?

If all else is as it should be, try purging some junk out of the drawing. I've had hatch fail with no errors before when (it seems) that the drawing is bloated.

Thanks! I appreciate the help. I was a little confused because you said to change FILLMODE only if I was trying to make solid hatches.

Why do people insist on overriding layer colors? Ex. - like the color of layer "0"?

Beats me. I didn't do it.

• 7 months later...