New Bungalow extension in the UK help

daft vader

Regen didnt correct it and I am not seeing 4 viewports only 2 and double clicking in the viewport only brings up the 3d control in the right corner, please show me what your screen looks like so i can see what is different, it might be because I only have 2008 maybe?

Hi, sorry we had a power outage here so I have been offline for a few hours.

I thought that I had uploaded the newer one last evening, now see that I didn't.

Here it is.

I just figured out that VIEWPORT CONTROLS were added in 2012, sorry about that, you don't have them in 2008.

If so, check it, so those VIEWPORT CONTROLS will display in the upper left corner of an ACTIVE viewports and modelspace.

Or you can display your VIEWS and VISUAL STYLE toolbars, which will give you the same functionality.

Bungalow extension as 2007.dwg

if you have this option checked.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dadgad

• daft vader

• ReMark

• hugha

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no there is no display the view ports controls, and refresh didnt correct the window but I just resized it to fit along that wall and copied to the other window that sorted it thank you

no there is no display the view ports controls, and refresh didnt correct the window but I just resized it to fit along that wall and copied to the other window that sorted it thank you

Have you changed the VISUALSTYLE to something other than 2D Wireframe, and opened your VIEWS toolbar, or used ORBIT yet? :)

Did you download the newer one which is at the bottom of post #41?

If you did, look in PAPERSPACE.

we have a newer version of autocad at work so I will try opening it at work to see if that cures it, I will let you know tomorrow as we have today off for the queens jubilee

If you enter V for VIEWS at your commandline and hit ENTER, you can access the ISOMETRIC and all the other standard perspectives, or you can use your VIEWCUBE.

Entering VISUALSTYLES at the commandline and hitting ENTER will call up your visualstyle manager where you can choose another visualstyle.

After selecting a visualstyle, you have to click the ICON which is circled in red in the image, to apply that style to the current viewport.

The ORBIT command will allow you full circumnavigation through MODELSPACE.

Any or all of these can be done on 2008, the sooner to share and enjoy this with your wife, on what I hope will be a great holiday for you both. :)

Did you remember to download the newer one from POST # 41?

Look in paperspace?

applying a new visual style.JPG

Oh sorry yes I forgot to say yes i did get the post 41 dwg and it opened in paper space and I could see the 3 versions bottom left and right and top left for some reason top right didnt look right ?

I just hope we get to buy this bungalow as we are very much looking forward to it with all the ideas we are talking about

Untitled.jpg

Glad you are having fun kicking ideas around. :)

If you go into MODELSPACE you can set the VISUALSTYLE first,

then use the ORBIT command to really look around, right click and select PERSPECTIVE view for best display.

Thanks Dadgad yes it looked good at work but very slow in work space moving around for some reason

Is there no one her to help with my original question ? My question is how much will it cost to have building regulation drawings drawn up, I know I do not need planning permission as I have already checked.

Are you looking for a per hour price or lump sum?

I figure 10% of the cost of the project should cover it.

Thanks Remark but wouldnt the contactor need the drawing done for them to give a quotation first ?

What's your budget for the renovations? Take 10% of that as the cost of getting a good, workable set of plans. If you can get that down to 7% you'll be doing very well.

I know a guy in the Philippines that will do the job for 2000 Php (Philippino pesos) a day which is about $50 U.S. No guarantee your contractor will be able to actually build off of them though.

Not ever built a extension so I have no idea what to budget for Remark thats why I was asking for help with costs.

Been talking to a architect we work with a lot as a company today amd he said about £500 to me for the plan which sounds good to me, and he was telling me insulation levels maybe my downfall, but until he is able to survey the property he can not be sure if 2 glass walls will be allowed.

I am having one last meeting with the vendor tomorrow Tea time, if all goes to plan we will soon know if we are buying it or not

Edited by daft vader
should have been £500 not £50

Cool heads prevail.

His price sounds great, and presumably he should know what he is doing, and the codes and such.

Good luck tomorrow. :)

Insulation levels could be your downfall because of the glass walls? I find that difficult to believe when people build all season "sun rooms" comprised almost entirely of glass. Even here in New England where we have such things as "snow".

Well, good luck.

Sorry all typing error it should have been a max of £500 not £50

Remark: Home insulation levels in the uk are fixed in new homes and also extensions and the builders have to comply with the levels set by the planners its all about energy conservation.

I am unable to find what these levels are to tell you but I do know they are high, what you mean by a summer house I am not sure are you talking about a some type of conservatory ? if so then I do not think they count as they are not within the house.

Sorry all typing error it should have been a max of £500 not £50

Remark: Home insulation levels in the uk are fixed in new homes and also extensions and the builders have to comply with the levels set by the planners its all about energy conservation.

I am unable to find what these levels are to tell you but I do know they are high, what you mean by a summer house I am not sure are you talking about a some type of conservatory ? if so then I do not think they count as they are not within the house.

Strange as it seems. probably better 500 than 50. For 50 you couldn't really expect very much,

whereas for 500 you should expect quite a bit more, and hopefully he will be up to the task and knowledgeable. :)

Hi DV. Only just saw this thread. I'd say for something of that size probably £800-1000 for planning and building regs for the size building it is. Where abouts is the bungalow? Have a look on the local authorities planning web page for their supplimentary planning document. The LA where I live insist that the extension is stepped in from the existing building and that the roof is lower than the existing roof line. Knocking the internal walls about wouldn't be a problem most builders are pretty good at installing steels these days without leaving tell tale downstands (assuming of course that it is a load bearing wall.)

These days building control are petrified of trees so if there are any biggies nearby you might wind up having to pile or trench fill your found down about 8 foot! Consider this when estimating your build cost as muck away is pricey at the moment. If you are local to Essex I know a few guys who could help and if your not in a rush I may be able to take a look for you.

Edited by Glen1980
I just noticed I'd missed a few posts.

These days building control are petrified of trees so if there are any biggies nearby you might wind up having to pile or trench fill your found down about 8 foot! Consider this when estimating your build cost as muck away is pricey at the moment. If you are local to Essex I know a few guys who could help and if your not in a rush I may be able to take a look for you.

From the looks of the picture in post #25, seems fear of big tree root systems needn't factor in to the equation. :)