Deleting a line and moving everything up???

Colin3663

Hi all and I hope I can put this over properly.

Is this possible, as a for instance in Autocad 2011

If I had an heptagan (7 sides) (had to look this up LOL) which was equal sides and I deleted one line, would I be able to move the two end lines together so it is then a Hextegon (6 sides) and they are all still equal???

Or move one of the end lines to close the gap, and all the other lines move with it to keep it in proportion.

I have the BIG Autocad Bible but not knowing what the name of this process is, makes it hard for me to look it up.

I can select all the lines and move them but not close the gap.

Hope this all make sense.

Thank you in advance.

Hi all and I hope I can put this over properly.

Is this possible, as a for instance in Autocad 2011

If I had an heptagan (7 sides) (had to look this up LOL) which was equal sides and I deleted one line, would I be able to move the two end lines together so it is then a Hextegon (6 sides) and they are all still equal???

Or move one of the end lines to close the gap, and all the other lines move with it to keep it in proportion.

I have the BIG Autocad Bible but not knowing what the name of this process is, makes it hard for me to look it up.

I can select all the lines and move them but not close the gap.

Hope this all make sense.

Thank you in advance.

Not really, the polygon command doesn't create a "polygon" object, it is a simple closed pline. By the time you worked out how to make it into a hexagon with parametrics, etc, you have just drawn a hexagon and moved on.

Start the polygon command, tell it 6 sides, watch the prompts at the command line, one of them is Edge, use that and then snap to the end points of your heptagon. I think that will get you what you are after.

I don't think you could make it truely "self healing" but you could use Parametrics to close and constrain it uniformly.

Self Healing Polygon.gif

I like, the way Nestly, fixed that, but following RKENT, would be the most typical and fastest way I believe. Redrawing using "Polygon" command

Thank you Nestly, The GIF was brill and I could see it in action.

The reason I used a hexegon was so people would reckognise the shape and so make it easy for me to try and explain

I was thinking of this for a lot of things and I was thinking about a hexegon using lines to make it but then adding a line or deleting a line (like in your example) but I didn't know how to phrase it or what its name was.

So thank you for that and everyone else that gave me help.

It is very much appreciated.