Penn Foster Oleson Village

cosme017

5 minutes ago, ReMark said:

And what are the start/end coordinates of the magenta line which you say is the centerline of SW 85th Ave?

If the entire drawing is off then you can move it to the correct position using the coordinates of the benchmark.

ok 

8 minutes ago, Torbone said:

Coords for it are here

6DBA8661-6804-466D-9B4C-CB5AC708C5AC.jpeg

I tested those coordinates against my master drawing and they pinpoint exactly the center of the cul-de-sac on SW 85th Ave.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReMark said:

I tested those coordinates against my master drawing and they pinpoint exactly the center of the cul-de-sac on SW 85th Ave.  

ok. will check later. 

I think most of the problems you are having are, unfortunately, self-inflicted.  You must pay attention to any input that is entered via the keyboard.  There is a big difference between @542.16 < N39D16'46"E and @542.16<39D16'46"E.  All I did was drop the reference to North at the beginning of the bearing.  This is just an example.  It doesn't help if you are tired or distracted either.  Work your way through the project using a slow and methodical approach and you will have better results. 

On 7/22/2022 at 7:58 AM, ReMark said:

I think most of the problems you are having are, unfortunately, self-inflicted.  You must pay attention to any input that is entered via the keyboard.  There is a big difference between @542.16 < N39D16'46"E and @542.16<39D16'46"E.  All I did was drop the reference to North at the beginning of the bearing.  This is just an example.  It doesn't help if you are tired or distracted either.  Work your way through the project using a slow and methodical approach and you will have better results. 

Mark, i am on to Sidewalk, buffer, Parking Strip part of directions. its says , You dont need show curbs an sidewalks on any street in Oleson Village. then it reminds me that offset can be used for sidewalks”… 

Am i supposed draw 1 ‘ buffer, sidewalks, and park strip??? and i see on others projects, they show all 3. 

image.jpg

1 minute ago, Torbone said:

Mark, i am on to Sidewalk, buffer, Parking Strip part of directions. its says , You dont need show curbs an sidewalks on any street in Oleson Village. then it reminds me that offset can be used for sidewalks”… 

Am i supposed draw 1 ‘ buffer, sidewalks, and park strip??? and i see on others projects, they show all 3. 

image.jpg

ok, i see. it says i need show all them except along roads surrounding the village!

got it 

2 hours ago, ReMark said:

That is correct.

Help…. ip at top of screen i hit arrow pointing down and clicked eras command and it deleted everything i did today!!! how do i get it back

Well, if you erase the entire drawing but did not save it immediately you could have easily recovered everything by issuing the UNDO command.  Were you aware there was such a command?

Edited by ReMark

Here is the table of Layers as specified for the Oleson Village project in the recent past.  It is possible that P-F made some changes that I am unaware of.

Oleson Village - Layers Table.PNG

This is a cross-section of a street line Right-of-Way.  Note that the buffer, planting strip and curb are located between the ROW lines and not outside of them.

CrossSection.PNG

Edited by ReMark
Changed image to B/W

8 hours ago, ReMark said:

This is a closeup view of the intersection of SW 85th Ave. and SW Village Lane.

Intersection and culdesac.PNG

the last line inside borders you have cyan for sidewalk. the last inside line is curb, it should be gray 9 color for curb. it shows on my directions. tue buffer is also gray. Can i leave mine rhat way or has be 2 cyan border lines?

image.jpg

Should be color 9 - gray.  But that color doesn't stand out as well... thus the reason for the cyan color.

Property lines should be trimmed where they meet the street line and your curves don't appear to be smooth.  What happened?

Edited by ReMark

1 hour ago, Torbone said:

the last line inside borders you have cyan for sidewalk. the last inside line is curb, it should be gray 9 color for curb. it shows on my directions. tue buffer is also gray. Can i leave mine rhat way or has be 2 cyan border lines?

image.jpg

i am not done trimming with Village ave yet. also when i went to fillet the corner where u see blue tree, it is saying to large an area to fillet . the other side was  fine. the radius curves are not smooth, not sure why. Does that represent something wrong i did? i used off set to create inside circles, it was easier. I did not off set the curves though! maybe when i zoom out they will adjust normal .

They do not look tangent to each other at the point where one curve intersects with another.

Send me a copy of your drawing as it currently exists.  Remember to do a "save as" and select the AutoCAD 2010 file format.  I have about 40 minutes to kill before I must leave.  Time now: 6:10 pm.

Edited by ReMark

20 minutes ago, ReMark said:

They do not look tangent to each other at the point where one curve intersects with another.

Send me a copy of your drawing as it currently exists.  Remember to do a "save as" and select the AutoCAD 2010 file format.  I have about 40 minutes to kill before I must leave.  Time now: 6:10 pm.

ok in a few minutes. i have to pull over , i have computer with me