Penn Foster Oleson Village

cosme017

I might have suggested that the Design Center could be used to access blocks that were available in another drawing. The block you are working with is already in the drawing where it is being used so the Design Center is not going to be of any help to you.

wow, I can't find the exact post now. I'm not even sure if you responded to a block question. I x'd it out on my internet screen. sorry.

Yes, use the INSERT command and put the X and Y coordinates in the appropriate boxes then click the OK button. The tree block should be placed in your drawing at the correct location. You might want to verify the first handful of blocks you insert using the LIST command or by checking their Properties. You want to verify the X/Y coordinates.

ok, I was able to insert a few days ago, and now I can't get any to show. I hit insert, it asks for basepoint/scale/rotate; I just input my coordinates and hit enter. then....a nothing shows.

it looks like it points to the right section, but then it says specify the scale factors . I hit enter nothing.

If you are zoomed in tight to the subdivision boundary and insert a tree block anywhere within it then there is no reason why it should not show up on your screen unless when you created the block you used something else (like 0,0,0 ) as the insertion point for your block. You should always pick somewhere on your geometry (in this case the center of the circle) when creating a block. Too many people make the mistake of picking off the geometry by some distance or assuming 0,0,0 is adequate enough for their purposes. Both mistakes often come back to haunt you later.

The only other thing I can think of at this time is the layer you are inserting the tree block on is frozen or turned off.

That's it for me. Time to take it easy. It's been a long day of yard work and I'm feeling it about now. Good luck and good night.

when I try to move one to the correct coordinates. a line is shows up on the coordinate and asks to specify the second point. and/or displacement?

when I try to move one to the correct coordinates. a line is shows up on the coordinate and asks to specify the second point. and/or displacement?

That's correct, it's how the move command works. First it asks you to select what you want to move (you should select the tree block!), then for a reference point (in this case you want it to be the insertion block of the tree block), finally it asks for a second point (in this case enter the co-ordinates the tree's supposed to be at): think of it as "I want to move this object from that point (which doesn't have to have any relationship with the object you're moving) to this new point."

Why do you think the co-ordinates are off when you list them. May I suggest trying to re-insert a couple of the trees to see if you can insert them to the right place? (actually that would probably be quicker than moving them!).

ReMark: I hope you don't mind me posting this.

dJE

So i will sAve the worst for last. All the coordinates read correctly, but it definetly doesnt look right. Was it ok to have tje x,y,z factors at 1.0? Anyways i will save that for last. I am finishing up, and hopefully tomorrow i will be at 90% done. I have to go back and figure out the buffers, text for the arrow, under line it, etc. Little stuff. Plus the text for footage.