Draw a Silicone with a Irregular Geometric Shape in CAD

User2012

I should design a Silicone model for a Breast Cancer Survivor. My problem is the IrregularGeometric Shape of silicone. I tried "Sphere"/ "Loft" commands,but I didn't get my desired outcome! I also drew the 2D base by "Spline"; however,"Extrusion" was not a good option to make it look like a 3D silicone! Any ideas!:?

Silicone_BreastCancer.jpg

Did you use a series of profiles when you tried the LOFT command?

Have you considered the possibility of using a mesh object?

I just tried to use "Mesh Sphere" and Modify it then, and also Loft (see attachment). However, I didn't get the desired outcome.:(

Loft.jpg

Yes, I could see where it would be a bit of a challenge to derive the exact shape. Having worked as a surgical technician at one time I am familiar with the implants.

I see! It becomes even more challenging for an actual size. :cry: Please keep me posted if you come out with any new idea. Thanx!

I am not at my CAD computer so there will be no experimenting today unfortunately.

Is this a class project? The wording of your first sentence in your starting post seems a bit strange.

Breast implants can be round or anatomical (i.e.-teardrop, contoured or shaped). Why did you pick the one shown in your first post?

Loft will be key.

But I think I would use something like Autodesk Inventor or Alias rather than Autodesk AutoCAD.

I think LOFT might be the way to go as well. You could try playing around with the MESH command - which is a pretty good way to form some organic shapes.

This was created using LOFT and 3 shapes.

LOFT.jpg

Let me know if I can help any further.