What would you like?

CADTutor

What I would like is to be able to drag preposted image to a post this seems to have stopped working since we have Win 7 & 64 bit at work, same thing at home on my brandnew laptop, to clarify can upload a new image.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PotGuy

• Lee Roy

• CADTutor

• Strix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I would like is to be able to drag preposted image to a post this seems to have stopped working since we have Win 7 & 64 bit at work, same thing at home on my brandnew laptop, to clarify can upload a new image.

BIGAL, I didn't test this myself, and don't usually use it, but has your preference setting in GENERAL SETTINGS been changed perhaps?

At least the ADVANCED UPLOADING option is still shown.

advanced uploading option.JPG

Wow, never noticed that but it's true! In Chrome when you want to attach a file you have to do it from a URL but in FF you can upload a file as well as from a URL.

Something new everyday ;)

Uh...I attach files from my computer all the time with Chrome.. :?

Uh...I attach files from my computer all the time with Chrome.. :?

I just checked mine, and it seems to upload attachments very easily as well (Chrome users ftw). It's just that most of my Revit files exceed the 500k limit.

I don't care about Google looking at what websites I visit and products I order. I'm not hiding anything. If it helps to further customize my search results to 2 pages instead of 20, go for it!

Here is attaching a pic in Chrome using the Insert Image icon...

Chrome-attach.JPG

here it is in FF using the exact same icon...

FF-attach.JPG

In FF I get the option of either from PC or URL. Am I missing it?

I never use those buttons, ever. If I'm attaching something, I "Go Advanced" for the extra formatting and message tools.

I vaguely remember there being some incompatibility issues with the WYSIWYG toolbar in earlier versions of vB4. I've heard of no such issues on my vB4.2.0-2.

-Edit-

I just double checked on my vB4.2.0-2 and the button works as you describe it should. I get the same results as you, here on CADTutor (vB4.1.2) though.

Yeah that was in "Go Advanced". I thought it used to act the same in both browsers.

I mean, I "Go Advanced" and use the "Manage Attachments" button when you scroll down a little, that works in the way you describe.

Again, in vB4.2.0 that button issue doesn't seem to exist. I'm sure it's just a version issue. I couldn't find any settings in my AdminCP that 'broke' the functionality of the button. No matter what setting I played with or disabled, I couldn't get the image button to act as it does here.

Again, "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments" has never given me any issues. It's the only way I do it, even on my own forum. I also type all my BBCodes, I don't use the buttons but once in a blue moon. I have all my profiles everywhere to Standard Editor (not WYSIWYG) by default, I don't like it. I like seeing the 'code'.

In return I will upload a drawing of a level probe which I know will just thrill you to no end.

Now THATS going to the "out of context" thread.

To clarify the problem is not in uploading new images just picking images that have been previously uploaded to cadtutor I will though check the couple of suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
To clarify the problem is not in uploading new images just picking images that have been previously uploaded to cadtutor I will though check the couple of suggestions.

BIGAL- please see post #65, with Chrome you only get the URL option, with FF and IE you get URL and Computer. It takes a couple of clicks on FF to get to the file to upload, in Chrome you have to go through the advanced method which takes several more unnecessary steps to do the same thing.

Going further it would be nice to simply drag and drop an image to upload.

BIGAL- please see post #65, with Chrome you only get the URL option, with FF and IE you get URL and Computer. It takes a couple of clicks on FF to get to the file to upload, in Chrome you have to go through the advanced method which takes several more unnecessary steps to do the same thing.

Going further it would be nice to simply drag and drop an image to upload.

It's one click extra, that takes you to a page with additional tools. Two clicks instead of one, really not that bad.

-Click "Go Advanced"

-Click "Manage Attachments"

I do not believe drag-n-drop from desktop to forum is supported even in vBulletin 4.2.0 PL-2 (the latest version). However if you "Manage Attachments", you can drag-n-drop previously-uploaded attachments to your post.

Chrome

1. Go Advanced

2. scroll down, scroll down some more, pick Manage Attachments

3. pick Add Files

4. pick Select Files

5. navigate to and pick file

6. pick upload files

7. pick done

IE8

1. pick icon to attach image

2. pick select file

3. navigate to and pick file

4. pick upload file

Beyond that this is "What would you like?", and that is what I would like.

Ok, two clicks.

Beyond that this is "What would you like?" thread. This is what I would like. If you don't agree with it just keep moving, nothing more to see here.

Where do I not agree? I'm telling you how to do it with a known-bug in the vB 4.1.x versions. The fix for it is a version upgrade to vB 4.2.0, which isn't exactly a small upgrade.

It's like AutoCAD or Revit; sure there's things we don't like and we put on wishlists, but in the meantime we figure out workarounds. There's your wish and there's your workaround.

If you don't like the workaround, just keep moving.

:) (smilies make everything better)

• 2 months later...

I'm a (not too) frequent Facebook person, but I don't really like the idea of Twitter, Facebook etc. being incorporated.

In theory, I see the potential. The ability to people to post quick fire problems and post back quick fire solutions is a good idea, but there would be the issue of random people signing up to AUTOCad Forums and not contribute anything useful or people using Social Sites just posting random stuff, losing the proffesional yet friendly feel to the site.

Also, it would probably lead to work filters banning the site.

(I'm such a downer, aren't I? :P)

As rare as they are, is there a plan to implement a custom 'holding page' when the Site is down for maintanance?

It's not often, and there is a warning, but if a few members and/or guests want to visit the site, is it worth putting up a page saying when it will be back and why?

Or maybe implement a sort of tab running across the top giving notice?

It may not be possible, but if it is, is it worth considering? :unsure:

(Sorry for double post)

Edited by PotGuy
Typo Galore (I take pride in my grammar!)

This is what vBulletin gives Admin's by default.

TurnOffForum.jpg

It looks like this to the user:

TurnedOffForum.jpg

Of course there's still the header/footer/etc, but that box takes the place of the FORUMHOME template when the site is turned off for maintenance.

I need to update to PL3.