#@$%&^& Cad,

MichaelH27

I can hear my dad now. "It ain't the car son...it's the nut behind the wheel!"

Seems like you had it pretty easy in previous jobs as the dirty work was already done. Of course having an owner/boss who uses illegal software and thinks TurboCAD was the best thing since sliced white bread doesn't help a lot either. You accepted the challenge so it is either time to fully take it on or move on out the door. Until you finally decide we're here to help as best we can. Good luck.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MichaelH27

• ReMark

• BlackBox

• Lee Roy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd love to be in your shoes right now.
Ha, you'd think that. I came into my current job with a clean slate. Then I realized that the "managers" that were overseeing what I was doing were not really as up-to-date with the best and most current methods. That was a huge hurdle, dealing with management that thought they knew everything. I basically still did it my way and asked for forgiveness instead of asking for permission.

Ha, you'd think that. I came into my current job with a clean slate. Then I realized that the "managers" that were overseeing what I was doing were not really as up-to-date with the best and most current methods. That was a huge hurdle, dealing with management that thought they knew everything. I basically still did it my way and asked for forgiveness instead of asking for permission.

LOL

Take those same managers you have, add in disgruntled draftsmen and scattered "common knowledge" cad standards that contradicted each other...yeah, I'd prefer either yours or his. :notworthy:

-Edit-

Not trying to be the "1-Upper", but seriously...this place was in shambles. I'm still building the manual after 2 years.

Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards around here!:shock: Now get back to work the lot of you or it's half rations and no grog tonight!:twisted:

Well now you gone ahead and aggrivated me into a response. I tried to ignore your previous comments to me but this one took the cake. Who said it was Cads fault? Not me... How is it my fault I could walk into previous jobs and become productive within weeks? Not mine... How is it a bad thing that companies like the ones I worked with in the past allow staff to produce massive amounts of work in the shortest amount of time?

The reason I dont have the knowledge behind Cad is because I am not and never was envovled with the set up of Cad. In the past we would have draftings meetings, Staff give there ideas and concerns, Questions and comments, and by the next meeting there was new commands and new lisp routines written by the Cad guru. Now why have staff fumble their way through cad, let the work become backed up to the point you lose clients, and have 15+ drafting staffs greasy little fingers floating through templates and everything else only to have it look like a hurricane went through the files.

Yes I am mad, Yes I say swear words, Yes I curse Cad every day and Yes I am disappointed in myself that I never learned a damn thing to do with cad. Thank you for clearing up what I didn't already know.

Now please make your next reply about annotation, linetype scales in layout (viewports) and model space. Maybe you could even throw out some ideas as to why my head is so thick?

I am going to see if I can get myself booked into Dr. Phil.

I gave you a recommendation about annotative scaling as it pertains to text and dimensions.

Linetype scales: PSLTSCALE=1 MSLTSCALE=1

Head thickness: ask God. We had nothing to do with that.

psltscale, msltscale, its all =1. I checked other forums today and there was some comments about other variables needing be set to 1. I am not sure what any of the variables do but everything is set to one.

Is it possible to upload the dwg on this site? That way everyone can actually see what I am trying to do and follow.

God wants to know what unit my head is in, mm or inches?

I could not relate to this sentiment any more...

We're transitioning from land Desktop, to Civil 3D... I had to bite my tongue last week when a user said this:

What do you mean I can't publish Civil 3D plans using Map? I just did it. I only want to know why these stinking 'Aecc labels' are plotting instead of the roadway alignment!

:unsure:

:rofl:

Edited by BlackBox
I don't know when to stop.

Is it possible to upload the dwg on this site?

God wants to know what unit my head is in, mm or inches?

Simply attach the file here.

If it is too large - first right click on the filename and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

Why should units be a problem?

Attach.png

What do you mean I can't publish Civil 3D plans using Map? I just did it. I only want to know why these stinking 'Aecc labels' are plotting instead of the roadway alignment!

ROFLMAO................ :shock:

Sorry, lets keep the thread on track.

MichialH27,

Just remember take deep breaths and walk away for a break every now and then. Sounds like you will be busy for a while. Now remember after you create all the templates, text styles, blocks and everything else so things are easier in CAD that there will always be that one drafter/engineer that draws everything on layer 0 and explodes 2-3 times before saving a dwg.

Who said it was Cads fault? Not me... How is it my fault I could walk into previous jobs and become productive within weeks? Not mine...
So.... it's not CAD's fault.... nor is it your fault..... so then who's fault is it?
How is it a bad thing that companies like the ones I worked with in the past allow staff to produce massive amounts of work in the shortest amount of time?
Uh..... did you actually read my post? Last I type, I said "not that it's a bad thing".
The reason I dont have the knowledge behind Cad is because I am not and never was envovled with the set up of Cad.
Ah.... so you're not faulting AutoCAD. Great!! Then let me help you.... follow this link......

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/browse#WSa5366f3b42cc8b11117921aaaa3d5ba-0024.htm

This is the AutoCAD User Guide. Happy reading!! :)

Prior to this major step, he's taken every opportunity to [CAD]-Block me with any and all attempts to begin standardizing.

[CAD]-Block That is a great way to describe that behavior! :rofl:

If anyone out there knows why Autocad is so complex and stressfull, Could you let me know.

Thanks,

Sounds like you're blaming AutoCAD to me.

First step, get any/all draftsmen on the same version of software. Then get a book (or three) and start learning all the behind-the-scenes stuff. THEN learn to Lisp.

I use Lisp to reset the b-t-s stuff so that when the users try to "fix" it to their liking, my acaddoc.fas just resets it back to Standard.

there is 5 versions of Cad here and not one licence on them.

I assumed he meant multiple computers, thus draftsmen.

Re-reading, it appears you are correct.