#@$%&^& Cad,

MichaelH27

I do plan on letting Autodesk know about this. Save the next poor sap from dealing with all of this garbage.

Please make sure you do, and then come back and let us know what happened.

The last shop where I worked for two miserable years got busted for using illegal software. They had Autocad, MasterCAM, Mechanical Desktop, etc. You name it, they were using it. And they had it all loaded on all the engineers computers. There were at least a dozen workstations loaded up with pirated software. There were two of us machinists in the shop and one day they decided to let one of us go so they fired the other guy for some bogus reason. So he went home and reported them to all the software companies. A few days later Autodesk was knocking on their door. They ended up having to purchase all that software on all those machines. I thought that was pretty funny because I warned them that was going to happen. Shortly after that I got served my walking papers too. I guess they didn't like me laughing at them and telling them I told you so. :lol:

They also got in trouble with immigration for employing illegal workers and copyright infringement for stealing other companies designs. They were very, very bad. :P

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MichaelH27

• ReMark

• BlackBox

• Lee Roy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Michael27... This is your father speaking... The guy who recommended to run far far away from your current employer is spot on. Run mofo Run! ESAD

Did you take them to court? Obviously some one with power there was aware that what they were doing is illegal. Just like where I work now, Business owners aren't stupid, They are crafty, manipulative and liars.

Business owners...., They are crafty, manipulative and liars.

Nonsense. Most are honest, increadibly hard working individuals.

Canada supplies America with more oil and gas than they can produce themselves. Be nice or I'll turn the taps off. :notworthy:

You're post about getting the facts straight before entering an argument.... You should follow them. lol

Canada sells the oil and gas supply to America because there is 330 million people in the US of A. There is 30 million in Canada. Who needs it more? Supply and demand! Canada has the supply, America demands it!

Don't be scared of the truth.

In a world of respectful human beings... Without demand, your supply is worthless, as Canada is incapable of convincing other countries to buy on an equivalent scale of supply given the lack of demand by comparison to that of the US... Fact.

... We're getting terribly off topic. LoL I'd love to continue this friendly discussion in another, more suitable thread.

Back to the original topic, again, good luck with your situation. I hope it all works out for you soon.

Edited by BlackBox

Moderator.... Send me a link to an online thesaurus so I can understand what kind opf mumbo jumbo was just typed to me. You make no sense Renderman,

In a world of respectful human beings... Without demand, your supply is worthless, as Canada is incapable of convincing other countries to buy on an equivalent scale of supply given the lack of demand by comparison to that of the US... Fact.

Why convince other countries to buy oil and gas when there is no need? The cost to ship overseas is extreme. America drinks enough of our supply that it doesnt justify to try an sell else where. Waste of effort to do so. Think of Canada as McDonalds, Were feeding America's demand fast and easy.

Even if Canada did sell to a different country, We would be under threat. Truth.

I have created a custom workspace for Map 2012. I have selected it to be default on load up. It never loads up, I constantly need to switch to my workspace. Is there a way to fix this or is it a bug?

There are a few ways to go about this, Michael.

One way is to have this run at startup:

(setvar 'wscurrent "[color=red]YourWorkspaceName[/color]")

You can try adding the /w switch to your application icon's target:

[color=blue]<Your Original Target>[/color] /w "[color=red]YourWorkspaceName[/color]"

Another is to use the /b switch within the application icon, which will load a script (SCR) that you can use to set your workspace.

More on the AutoCAD startup switches:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2894625&linkID=9240617

You should be able to add a switch to the map.exe (or whatever the executable file name is that starts Map 3D) command line associated with the Microsoft shortcut icon. It would take the form of...

drive:pathname\map.exe /w "nameofcustom CUI"

This is all pure conjecture on my part at the moment but doesn't look like I know what I am talking about?