3d autocad text issue

richard3009

When viewing my 3d model in side elevation the text is displayed as a line as though the text is on its edge, how can i make the text display normally Autocad 2008 lt

Is 3D available in LT version?

If the text entity looks like a line, then seems that you are viewing if tom above, below, left or right and not from front or back; seems to me that this behaviour is normal.

If you need to adjust the orientation may use ROTATE command after appropriately adjusting the UCS (although, again, don’t know if this is available in LT).

First off, LT does not do 3D. A true 3D model can be viewed in LT you just can't edit it.

Did you draw an isometric?

Attach a copy of your drawing to your next post and someone here will take a look at it.

F.Y.I.

3D Capabilities: AutoCAD LT lacks the ability to create, visualize and render 3D models as well as 3D printing.

LT is perfectly capable of drawing in 3D, XY&Z values are entered exactly as they are in regular AutoCAD. What LT lacks is the ability to create or edit "3D objects". Lines and Polylines with thickness are roughly equivalent to surfaces, closed polylines with thickness are roughly equivalent to solids/extrusions, circles with thickness are roughly equivalent to cylinders.

What I posted does not contradict what you said in Post #7, but I believe it is counter to what you said in Post #5

First off, LT does not do 3D.

I was drawing Tank farms in 3D in the 90's with LT /LT97. I often hear the 3D capabilities of LT understated, and the video seems a good example of what LT can/can't do. (notice the youtube comments questioning/stating that it's not really done with LT)