Toolbars AutoCAD 2012 MEP

argh

Not sure where to post this & apologies if it's been covered a million times but I can't find a solution. I just got 2012 MEP & I'm completely baffled by the layout. I got the menu bar back but all that's on it is File/Window/Help, where's Edit/View etc? I also hate the ribbon which I know how to remove but can't work out how to get the old style toolbars back. There isn't the option to turn it back to AutoCAD classic from the cog wheel button. Help

Welcome to the forum. :)

Do you have PROFILES available in OPTIONS for MEP? If so you probably have Autocad classic there.

No dropdown down option on the right side of the menu bar?

Sorry I'm not a MEP user, so just guessing.

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to check when I get home tonight but I think profiles was still in options, not holding out much hope the the classic one will be in there though. I don't remember a dropdown option on the menu bar but I will double check. Thanks

In AutoCAD at least there is a drop-down menu option on the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) at the top left-hand corner of the screen.

If there is no option for a "Classic" style in MEP there should still be a way to get toolbars to display onscreen. I know it can be done in AutoCAD.

QAT.PNG

I've circled the QAT. The arrow points to the feature that enables a drop-down menu to appear with additional commands that can be added to the QAT.

Not sure where to post this

Since you are using MEP the MEP forum is where I moved it.

Most verticles do not have the Classic option while using the verticle portion, when using the vanilla AutoCAD you can use classic there.

Go to your CUI, right-click Partial Customization Files and Load the default ACAD.CUIx file. This will give you all your vanilla AutoCAD menus, toolbars, etc. *NOTE* The old school MEP Toolbars are long gone, so either learn the command line version of the tool, or get used to the Ribbon. Or, get familiar with Tool Palettes as you can do a lot from there too.

CUI_MEP.png

Once you load this, it'll enable EVERYTHING from this CUIx file. To suppress this to a manageable state, edit your default and current Workspace to disable all the unnecessary toolbars, ribbons, etc. Be sure to save the Workspace after you exit from the CUI editor by typing WSSAVE at the command line.

Once all the above is complete, you can type MENUBAR to 1 to bring the classic menus back. Use the CUI enable any classic Toolbars you might want, and if you really want to rid the Ribbon then type RIBBONCLOSE, but I wouldn't suggest that if you're trying to use the MEP specific tools.

Hope this helps. :)