"Save as" problem?

PElgin

When I finished adjusting my object yesterday, I had ran a stl check and had no errors. I downloaded that as a "save as" to my documents. Today I opened the file to find the file is not the same file as I downloaded and has many errors, in fact, I wonder if it is identical to the file I started with yesterday morning? What did I do wrong? How do I make certain that the file I want to save is the one that I want to save? Thanks.

I'm still not certain what happened to that file, but yesterday I made sure my saved file was the one I wanted, not something else. I lost Friday's work due to that and didn't want that to happen again.

What do you mean you "downloaded" it? :?

If the file had no errors when you saved it then it should have no errors when you open it. Are you sure you're opening the correct file? In your Windows Explorer, check the date and time of the file and make sure it's the correct date and time of the file you last saved.

You do understand that SAVEAS requires you to give your file a new name?

It sounds to me like you are opening the original file, not the SAVEAS version too, per Cad64's comment, confusion.

Check in your DOCUMENTS folder, if that is your default location for the SAVEAS command.

I would strongly suspect that you have merely misplaced the SAVEAS version of your file.

Good luck, I hope you find it.

Thanks for the advice. Not certain what happened and I been working obsessively since then to complete this project. I'll look over my files when finished.