Attention Grabbing HEADLINE!!!! Help me out please and cookies will be in your future

sinbad92

The directories have changed to here:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2012\enu\MEPContent\USI\Electrical\Devices

For the Style Manager, type STYLEMANAGER at the command line. That's it. :)

Hey Guys I really appreciate the replies so far

I have searched up and down the internet and clicked countless buttons, but I cant seem to find the answer. Here is my issue, I want to create a custom set of 2D symbols/blocks to represent various receptacles, fire protection, etc. I want these symbols to show up as 3D devices when in 3D view.

I have attached an example file containing a default receptacle that showcases all the features I need.

My question is, how can I create custom blocks for my company that function just like the standard blocks/receptacles that came with the program?

Any and all help would be immensely appreciated, I am a new intern at this company and they have stuck me on a seemingly insurmountable task. Please help guide me.

Thank you,

Sinan Najm

Help.dwg

I might be wrong, but I think you need to look into content builder and creating mvpart (Multi-view part).

Multi-view parts do what you require, give you different views from different vpoints

If you have a 3d model of your device, try converting it to mvpart and then insert it by "mvpartadd".