multiple stretch boxes per linear parameter

KoTa04

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there was a way to have multiple stretch boxes when selecting one linear parameter.

I am currently working on 2D isometric drawings. I have lined up my views horizontally, so one stretch block is sufficient for stretching things vertically (I just drag the box over all my views), but I cannot find a way to efficiently stretch several views horizontally.

I was hoping that a solution to this will allow me to either select one grip and move at most 4 views horizontally, or just enter ONE value in the quick properties window. :)

The only idea I can think of now is to just make 4 linear dimensions, 4 grips, and have 4 quick properties inputs (but that's stupid).

I can try to post my block if that helps.

Do you guys have a solution to my problem?

Thanks to anyone who replies!!

Actually, my new solution is just to link the additional grips to a primary one, and dump the additional grips to the bottom of my order, this seems like a pretty good solution. But is there a way to have multiple stretch boxes on one grip?

You can use multiple selection windows at the same time with the STRETCH command if you need to when stretching. :)

It is nice if they are all aligned to use a single crossing window, but not essential.

I should think you could do the same thing with parametric constraints, and just stretch the appropriate one to drive the others.

As to how you want to apply this parametrically within blocks you lost me.

Right. In block editor, after adding the stretch action to your parameter and selecting a node, it asks me to select a stretch frame (I can only make one), and I'm trying to find a way to make more than one stretch frame.

As ar as I can tell this cannot be done, but you can select an action t allow you to make a closed polygon instead.

If you are talking about dynamic blocks then you can just keep adding stretch actions to one distance parameter - or at least you can in full AutoCAD so I would assume it is the same in LT.

OF COURSE! I can just keep adding actions to a single parameter, even if the parameter is away from another view, that will allow me to only need to adjust one number and have multiple stretches. Thank you guys very much! Problem Solved!