purge & bind (xref ) all drawing in folder!

cadamrao

Sir,

Pls any help LISP to purge & bind (xref ) all drawing (50 dwgs file) from folder. I find 2-lisp files.These bind, purge 2 lisps combined to works easy to bind all dwgs from my folder. Attached the lisp for modification.

Drawing files folder path D:\ST02

Thanks

venki

purge all dwg folder.lsp

bind.lsp

I used ETRANSMIT option; but can't bind the xref in my drawings.Plz combine this 2 progrems to works perfect bind in all dwgs from selecting folder.

Thanks

venki

Alternatively, you could use ETRANSMIT to perform the bind and purge tasks over multiple drawings.

Please look this;urgent

Thanks

I used ETRANSMIT option; but can't bind the xref in my drawings.Plz combine this 2 progrems to works perfect bind in all dwgs from selecting folder.

Thanks

venki

Thanks

venki

If you click on "Modify" in the eTransmit dialog box, it gives you the option to Bind your XREF's.

If you click on "Modify" in the eTransmit dialog box, it gives you the option to Bind your XREF's.

Good call Stykface, it certainly does supply a wealth of options, I think lots of folks miss that Modify tab. :beer:

It is likely that after the advice given here you may be able to get ETRANSMIT to work.

I have another relatively simple way.

If I want to run ANY lisp or lisps on multiple drawings, I use Starbatch.

This is an open source free program that can be found here: -

http://sourceforge.net/projects/starbatch/

This opens direct without an installer.

In your case, you could now use a simple lisp. Something like this: -

(defun c:BAP()
 (COMMAND "BINDTYPE"  "1")
 (COMMAND "-xref" "b" "*" )
 (COMMAND "AUDIT" "Y")
 (REPEAT 3 (COMMAND "-PURGE" "A" "*" "n"))
 (COMMAND "BINDTYPE"  "0")
 (princ)
 )

I regularly use Starbatch. It will run even if AutoCAD is not open. Just to be safe I copy all the drawings I need into a temporary folder.

Adding on to Manila Wolf the code in the first post is a bit over the top you just need a FINDFILE routine to make list of dwgs write a simple text file save as script . you need BAP to be autoloaded at start of autocad session or save the lisp as say purgerrrr.lsp

Open dwg1 BAP close Y
Open dwg2 BAP close Y
Open dwg3 BAP close Y

or 
Open dwg1 (load "purgerrr") close Y

I just run the DIR *.dwg /b >dirlist throw into word use search replace to add commands save as .SCR particuarly if a once off.

why i never check transmittal setups.

Thanks a lot for information.

venki

• 2 weeks later...

How about if i want the LISP to detach the Unloaded Xrefs, bind it then purge drawings? is it possible?

Etransmit binds the drawing but does not detach the unloaded xrefs

• 7 years later...
On 7/11/2012 at 4:58 AM, Manila Wolf said:

Alternatively, you could use ETRANSMIT to perform the bind and purge tasks over multiple drawings.

could you please whats it and how we can use of it??    ETRANSMIT