Text Won't Rotate

bachrock

This mtext won't rotate. When I use the rotate command, the text moves around a point, but stays right side up the whole time. I remember this happening with xrefs as well. Anyone know what's happening here?

You have selected "Match Text Orientation to Layout" in Text Style.

Great, thanks!

EDIT: I had assumed that would work, but it didn't. I see some text styles have that box checked while others do not. Regardless of the text style, the text won't rotate as I want it to.

Edited by bachrock
Tip didn't end up working

You have selected "Match Text Orientation to Layout" in Text Style.

That didn't seem to do it. Any other ideas?

May be useful to attach the drawing here for further investigation.

I went to attach the drawing and got an ioError. The file is 0.98 MB so size shouldn't be the issue...

Just strip out any other elements except the trouble-maker label prior to load.

I understand that sentence up to "prior to load".

Remove all from the drawing (a copy of the drawing would be best) to reduce size and then upload to CADTutor.

Yeah, that's what I had done. Is 1 MB too large? That was my only guess as it didn't seem to describe the error.

EDIT: I had originally deleted most of the drawing and now just deleted all of the linework except the one bit of mtext. The file size is still the same 1 MB. Not sure why a bit of Mtext would generate such a large file.

Did you -PURGE the file (notice the - in front)?

No, is the idea that that will remove all these unused blocks and such that are making the file so large? Do you know what the file size limit is for attachments?

Yes

1000kb limit for .dwg and .dxf

I did some purging. The new file size is 947 kb. It still won't attach though. No idea why.

Can you use dropbox?

Unfortunately not. This is all for work and they have it blocked here. There's the old add an "s" to "http" trick, but that doesn't work for most sites including dropbox.

Can you try please to transfer the trouble-maker text entity to a new, empty drawing? Just test if still present the said behavior and try to attach that file - it should be considerably smaller then current one.

Is it possible the text you are trying to rotate is a civil 3d label and not mtext?

Under properties the text is listed as Mtext.

Can you try please to transfer the trouble-maker text entity to a new, empty drawing? Just test if still present the said behavior and try to attach that file - it should be considerably smaller then current one.

I would think that file would be considerably smaller as well, but it is not. The same thing happens to the text.