Can't import all points into dwg

poophead

Hoping somebody can steer me in the right direction.

When I try to import points from a .txt file into C3D 2012, it will only import the first 20 points. This isn't just one particular .txt file this is happening to, it's all of them. I've cleaned up the .txt files in Excel (where all the points show up) if need be and that doesn't help either. I've even had a friend try this on his computer in a new drawing and he has the same problem. Just to mention, when I go into Import Points, the .txt file shows up with no issues and no matter what point file format I choose, only the first 20 points show up. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Did you just install this..?

If so, instead of importing points directly, try to create a point group, then feed it with the .TXT file content.

smile.gif

Thanks for the response.

I did install the update and tried to import the points as you suggested. No dice.

I'm pretty new to the Civil 3D so i'm sure it's something stupid i'm doing/not doing.

I've attached a .txt file as a reference (PNEZD, comma delimited). Again, it happens with any .txt file I try....

test.txt

I just imported the file, and all of the points come in.

You could try bringing the points into excel and save it as a.csv file. Maybe the diferent format will work for you.

Bill,

Just figured out the problem, or rather "my" problem.

In the Import Points dialog box, it'll give you a preview of the first 20 points to be imported. At least in my C3D it does anyway.

I would always stop there and not continue further, wondering why it didn't show the whole list of points.

This time I imported them anyway and when I looked at the point list in the drawing, they were all there.

Sorry about that.

I knew I was doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help anyway.