Best Clash Detection Software....

lamensterms

Hey guys,

This isnt so much an AutoCAD question, but more of a general drafting/modeling question.

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the best way to check for clashes in 3D CAD models?

At the moment we just import our DWGs into Navisworks and use the Clash Detective - which is fine if a single user/modeler is going to be running the clash test and remodeling on the spot. Navisworks is a little less awesome when it comes to compiling clash reports to be read by modeler who will not be using Navisworks, and only reading the clash report.

Just looking for more ideas really.

Cheers.

Have you used the INTERFERENCE checking capacity of Autocad?

That would be the _INTERFERE command at the commandline, or in the MODIFY section of the MENU BAR >

3D Operations >

Interference checking :)

Hi Dadgad,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have tried AutoCAD's INTERFERE tool, and while it did complete the check - we still prefer to use Navisworks due to its abilty to handle large models (and it can process them pretty quickly).

Cheers.

Hi Dadgad,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have tried AutoCAD's INTERFERE tool, and while it did complete the check - we still prefer to use Navisworks due to its abilty to handle large models (and it can process them pretty quickly).

Cheers.

Understood, Navisworks is great, just wanted to make sure you had dotted all the i's.