Problem importing Google Sketchup into Kerkythea

geekgirl

When i import my complex model, with models from google library the kerkythea does not recognise lights which i have placed in Sketchup and renders the whole screen blank... i am reversing all faces, making sure everything has a thickness...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geekgirl

• f700es

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, Kerkythea has worked on basic model for me before, i fear it something to do with my complex model- shall i send it to you?

I can't check it until tonight as I don't have kerky installed at work :(

Try to use a default kerky light and see if that shows up. You might need to ask this at the kerky forums as it could be something in Kerky instead.

I have tried, i'm pretty sure its something to do with sketchup. Like do the groups affect Kerkythea? The imported models etc.

I don't think groups affect Kerky as I am pretty sure I have used groups before and they worked OK. How big is the SU file?

Where would i find the SU detail?

Shall i attach it?

I hope i get an answer, i have several model i want to Render using kerkythea-that's what we were taught at school, but have it a wall, even after having read for a solution on hundreds of forums- all of yesterday!

I fear it might be something to do with imported models and faces?

Imported from what, another 3D software? Could be never tried that myself.

models imported from Google model bank- an online facility which google sketchup provides automatically upon download

the file is 46.9 MB (49,261,468 bytes)

Yeah too big to attach but if you have a DropBox account you can save it to your shared folder and send me the public link for it. If you don't have let me know and I'll send you a link for it and I'll get some more space ;)

f700es yahoo com

models imported from Google model bank- an online facility which google sketchup provides automatically upon download

You mean 3D Warehouse??? Not everything in 3D warehouse was created in SU. Most I would say were simply imported into SU and saved as a .skp file.

When you say SU? What does this mean? Yes 3D warehouse, what does the skp. file mean?

SU abbreviation for SketchUp

SKP is the file format for SU files

Send me you e-mail address to the one I posted and I'll send you a link.