Hi,

I work with dynamic input disabled but whenever I use measurement tools like distance or measure etc. they seem to 'return' only while the command is in use. It seems that they have their own setting. I've searched the online help files but can't find anything...

Is this a bug or is there a 'fix'?

This is for AutoCAD LT 2011, it never seemed to happen in LT 2009.

Probably you are talking about the new command MEASUREGEOM - I believe that this is just his regular behaviour and isn't influenced by dynamic input settings. The former, still available, command was DIST - this one reports only on prompter.

Oh yeah, just tested your answer and it is indeed correct.

I generally use toolbar icons as my method to select commands and they seem the same in the versions I have recently used, so I never really noticed this new MEASUREGEOM command.

Thanks for your help :)

You can create a new button on the toolbar for DIST command, but please give a chance first to the new MEASUREGEOM command due to his new, useful features (i.e. angle measurement).