Mtext and Polylines Won't Plot

bachrock

I'm trying to plot a large poster (108" long) onto a 36" wide roll of paper. The image, texts, and leader plotted fine; the polylines and mtext did not. Everything shows up in the preview, but the two mentioned items don't actually get plotted onto the paper.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bachrock

• ReMark

• rkent

• rickh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What layers are the polylines and mtext on? (i.e. not DIMS etc)

Are the layers set to individually not print? (in layer properties manager, there is a printer icon next to each layer)

What layers are the polylines and mtext on? (i.e. not DIMS etc)

Are the layers set to individually not print? (in layer properties manager, there is a printer icon next to each layer)

To test whether it was a layer issue I moved the mtext and polylines to a layer that I had dtext on that printed. I don't know what DIMS is.

DIMS. Maybe Dimensions?

I still don't understand the meaning of everything insides the parenthesis from original sentence:

"In other words, not dimensions etc." (modified)

This problem I'm having though, no idea what to do.

Did you verify, in the Layer Properties Manager, that the printer icon for the two layers that fail to print do NOT have a red diagonal line through them? Yes or No?

Are the polylines and Mtext that do NOT print on the layer that you use for your dimensions? Yes or No?

Where are the plines and mtext, PS or MS? Are they on top of the image entirely or partially?

Where are the text and leaders, PS or MS? Are they on top of the image entirely or partially?

What is SHADEMODE set to, either in a viewport or in MS if only working from MS?

What do you have merge control set to, overwrite or merge? (This is in the plotter properties under graphics.) Try the opposite of what is set now.

Did you verify, in the Layer Properties Manager, that the printer icon for the two layers that fail to print do NOT have a red diagonal line through them? Yes or No?

Are the polylines and Mtext that do NOT print on the layer that you use for your dimensions? Yes or No?

Yes and No. I mentioned earlier that I moved the mtext and polylines to a layer that I knew was printing dtext. That was my test to see if the layer they were on was the issue.

Where are the plines and mtext, PS or MS? Are they on top of the image entirely or partially?

Entirely.

Where are the text and leaders, PS or MS? Are they on top of the image entirely or partially?

Entirely.

What is SHADEMODE set to, either in a viewport or in MS if only working from MS?

2dwireframe. It says I can't set a visual style in PS.

What do you have merge control set to, overwrite or merge? (This is in the plotter properties under graphics.) Try the opposite of what is set now.

Overwrite. I would quickly fire off a test page if I could, but this printer is large and takes a long time to print. Plus, it's wasteful to use all the ink. Do you think this is likely enough to work that I should try it?

You didn't say if they were all in MS or PS.

Are the mtext objects in PS?

Are the leader in PS?

If the plotting and non-plotting objects are in the same place, PS for instance, then the overwrite shouldn't matter. When testing window a small area and use a small paper size for testing.

You didn't say if they were all in MS or PS.

Are the mtext objects in PS?

Are the leader in PS?

If the plotting and non-plotting objects are in the same place, PS for instance, then the overwrite shouldn't matter. When testing window a small area and use a small paper size for testing.

Everything is drawn in MS. I have a viewport in PS which is where I plot from. I'll try printing to an 8.5" x 11". I was thinking this wasn't a problem when printing smaller and so therefor it must be a problem related to the plotter. I'll verify.

Everything is drawn in MS. I have a viewport in PS which is where I plot from. I'll try printing to an 8.5" x 11". I was thinking this wasn't a problem when printing smaller and so therefor it must be a problem related to the plotter. I'll verify.

Is this a case of the color of objects being white on screen but are actually 255,255,255 or some such, so they actually plot white rather than plotting black on paper even though they appear white on screen. Verify that they are color 7 rather than something that looks white on screen.

Is this a case of the color of objects being white on screen but are actually 255,255,255 or some such, so they actually plot white rather than plotting black on paper even though they appear white on screen. Verify that they are color 7 rather than something that looks white on screen.

They were color 255 and I changed them to color 7. I actually want them to plot white as they'll stand out from the background image better that way. But right now I just want them to plot at all.

what print driver are you selecting? DWG to PDF? If you do use this one, will they show up on the pdf?

To plot large posters I use a HP1055 printer.

When I used DWG to PDF everything shows up except the background image which isn't there at all. I get a white background so I can't know about the white text.

That's interesting. I print images like aerials using the DWG to PDF with no issues. But in any case, if you changed the text to color 7 already, it would've shown up as black, so I'm thinking it still doesn't plot with this driver.

Can you maybe post the drawing, or portion of it so others can test? -edit- ReMark beat me to it...