Units change from Unitless

User2012

Your BLOCK still has UNITS

I believe the idea here is if you select unitless in the block creation dialog box. If created in this manner, upon insertion the block will show as unitless and the insunits will not scale it regardless of the settings. So the block is unitless.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dadgad

• SLW210

• rickh

• User2012

I believe the idea here is if you select unitless in the block creation dialog box. If created in this manner, upon insertion the block will show as unitless and the insunits will not scale it regardless of the settings. So the block is unitless.

No, it just is not scaled to match the drawing units when inserted, it still has units, just not necessarily those of the drawing. Insert units merely aid in automatic scaling when inserting blocks, xrefs, etc.

This has been a source of confusion for many, it should be called the NONE Insert Unit.

• 7 years later...

i have a drawing and the title block is not editable. so i check the properties of this title block and wrote that block unit is an unitless. how to edit and change the color of this title block? thx 

12 hours ago, Newbieeeee said:

i have a drawing and the title block is not editable. so i check the properties of this title block and wrote that block unit is an unitless. how to edit and change the color of this title block? thx 

If you can't REFEDIT the title block, check the Properties and make sure Scale X, Scale Y and Scale Z are all the same. If one of the scales is different than the others, that is considered to be a non-uniformly scaled block and you won't be able to edit it. So you can either set all the scales to the same value and then REFEDIT the block or you can try using the BEDIT command to edit the block. But, if you only want to change colors, you should be able to do that in the layer manager, unless the block colors have been overridden inside the block. In that case, try BEDIT.