rectangle not included in filter

khoshravan

I am trying to select a rectangle in a filter definition. However in the selection box I couldn't find the rectangle. What is wrong with my steps.

As @danellis stated, a rectangle is in fact a polyline entity.

I’m not sure if you can define a filter or criteria for QSELECT to create a selection set from rectangles. My opinion is that the solution is a dedicated AutoLISP function – in order to qualify as rectangle a polyline entity should be closed, have four vertexes, the opposite edges should be equal and one angle should be 90 degrees.

Once it's drawn a "rectangle" is a closed polyline.

dJE

Even polyline as object type, didn't work. If my criteria is based on layer, then the rectangles are chosen but selection by color didn't work, which seams strange for me.

Msasu

Thanks for your reply but I don't know LISP and doesn't want that sort of solution but seams you are very interested and talented on that way.

Even polyline as object type, didn't work. If my criteria is based on layer, then the rectangles are chosen but selection by color didn't work, which seams strange for me.
You'll have to double check to make sure your FILTER selection is correct. Can you post a screenshot, or even example DWG file? FILTER can be finicky and you must be very precise or the selection will not work.

Seems the color issue was clarified in this thread.

Please refer to that thread.

BTW how do you reference another thread inside a reply?

When say reference, you mean the link to the other page?

You made a link in your reply and linked it to the word "Thread".

I don't know how to do it. If possible please teach me how to do it.

I was asking for this point in my previous post.

Please check that you have a button named Insert Link in Forum editor's toolbar - just select the word(s) you want to become link, press the said button and just paste there the page you want to point to.

linkb.gif

Please check that you have a button named Insert Link in Forum editor's toolbar - just select the word(s) you want to become link, press the said button and just paste there the page you want to point to.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36186[/ATTACH]

Aha!?. Very interesting. This is the first time I see Forum editor's toolbar. I have to find and download it. Thanks for your remind.

You don't need to download/install it - it should be shown by default just above the edit area when you create a new thread or reply to other user of the Forum. Just check the image below. If you aren't able to see it then may not be supported by your Internet browser. What application are you using? Maybe is required to update it.

editor_with_buttons.gif

Another answer may be that you disabled it in your Forum preferences, although I'm not aware that such option is available. Here will be very useful if someone else will infirm/confirm this.

You don't need to download/install it - it should be shown by default just above the edit area when you create a new thread or reply to other user of the Forum. Just check the image below. If you aren't able to see it then may not be supported by your Internet browser. What application are you using? Maybe is required to update it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36203[/ATTACH]

Another answer may be that you disabled it in your Forum preferences, although I'm not aware that such option is available. Here will be very useful if someone else will infirm/confirm this.

Mircea I just went into the General Settings on my CADtutor profile, and down at the bottom of the page there are the options for selection of the EDITOR INTERFACE. I tried all three of them, and they all include that editing toolbar. As shown in your last post, it appears over the REPLY window whenever you are composing a reply to a thread. I had never understood how to do that either, until reading your post earlier today, thanks! :beer:

in General Settings.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36203[/ATTACH]

Thanks. Yes it appears on top of the box but I was unaware of it.:oops: I will try different icons it has.