Weld vertices problem

PElgin

I have mirrored an object and am now attempting to weld the halves together; but am unable to. I have dialed the weld parameters up to 3.203 and 131 pixels which, based on previous experience are much more than enough. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong and it may have something to do with having two objects; but I don't know how to correct that. Where do I go from here? Thanks.DSCN9172.jpg

I'm not sure. I can't duplicate this problem on my machine.

The only advice I can give is to check your model in Wireframe display and make sure the vertices are in fact close enough to fall within the 3.203 range you have specified.

One other thing. Did you window select all the vertices you want to weld? If you just clicked on one vertex and hit weld you will get that message.

DSCN9173.jpgI have put in wireframe and pushed the vertices into one another. Previously I have used weld parameters of .20 and 8 pixels and that has worked fine. I thought surely a vastly expanded parameter would work. I did window select the welds. What do you mean "Click just one vertex and hit weld you would get that message"? I have previously always selected one vertex and been able to weld it. I have tried to use a parameter of 4482 and 1000 pixels and am still getting the error message. Some think I am overlooking here and can't figure out what it is. Thanks.

:? I don't know how you were able to weld two vertices together by selecting only one vertex. Max needs to know which vertices you are trying to weld. You notice the button underneath "Weld" in the rollout menu says "Selected". You need to select the vertices you want to weld and then hit that button. Can you explain how you are welding two vertices without selecting both because I am unable to make that happen. I get the error message if I select only one vertex.

As for this problem you are having, I would normally suggest you upload your file for me to take a look, but you're using 2013, so I won't be able to open it. So why don't you export your model to .obj format and upload it so I can import it and see what's going on.

I see what you mean now. I select with a square the two vertices and hit select and the error message comes up. Will export to obj. and post that. Thanks!

Sorry, put it in a .zip and post that. Or change the file extension to something else, like .3ds or something. I can change the extension back to .obj on my end.

Well, that didn't seem to work. After I changed the extension and tried to import I got an error message saying there was nothing to import.

Did you select the object and then "Export Selected"?

Try it again, but this time export to .3ds format and .obj format and put them both in a .zip file and post that.

Untitled-1.jpg

Ok, before you can weld vertices from two separate halves of an object, they must be one object. Select one of the halves, click the "Attach" button and then select the other half. Then you will be able to weld the vertices.