.CTB General question

moonh

Hello everyone, and my question for today is

Is the color yellow(50) always difficult to see on a set of printed plans. I am using standard "acad.ctb" that came w/ my CAD. The color shows up fine on my CPU while drafting, but it is visually difficult to see once plotted out on paper.

I believe there is a way I can adjust the .CTB to where yellow plots out more ledigble, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Thanks, and once again any help will be greatly appreciated.

You can change the layers that use yellow to a darker yellow color, or edit the ctb to use a darker yellow, or any color you want. I assume you want to plot in color?

I am plotting in black & white. Usually when drafting, we put centerline of a road in yellow & Overhead power lines in yellow. Yes I could just change the layer color to something else, to create a neat ledigble plot, but I was trying to figure out a way to properly adjust the appearance of the color yellow on my plots. On the AutoCad Color Index, I thought "color 50" was a standard yellow.

I am really confused now, you say you plot in B&W then go on to say you want a way to adjust the appearance of the color yellow on plots.

As I said in my first post, open the CTB and adjust things there, but just set it to plot black and then change the line weight and or the screening. Standard yellow is #2 but #50 is very similar.

I mentioned changing the layer color because I thought maybe you were plotting in color and yellow is always going to be hard to see on a white sheet of paper.

adjusting the screening and line wieight fixed the issue. My lines were coming out extremely faded, to the point where you could barely see them. I had already tried adjusting the screening, but when I started increasing the line weight, that worked.